Basic Atkinson Diet Rules
The weight loss system developed by American nutritionist Robert Atkins has long been recognized worldwide as one of the most effective methods. Its creation was preceded by a number of studies of the metabolic process. The main goal of such a system is to create conditions for the organism in which it “learns” to use its own reserves of fat cells.
Low-calorie system will help you lose weight quickly
The Atkins diet is also called Hollywood, because it is thanks to her that many cinema and show business stars are in excellent shape. Its main rule is to limit carbohydrate intake. But the amount of protein and fat can be safely left in the usual amount. Such a food system has many adherents and opponents, but first, let's understand its essence.
The Atkins diet has several phases, the sequence of which must be strictly followed.
The first phase
Its duration is 14 days. The goal - to influence the course of chemical processes in the body, changing them in the right direction. The basic rules of this phase are four.
- Daily diet should include 5 meals.Between them should not take more than 6 hours, but not less than 2.
- The amount of allowed carbohydrates - 20 grams per day. The amount of fat and protein is not limited, but overeat is not worth it.
- You need to take care of the saturation of the body with water. Therefore, the rate for the day - 2 liters of pure non-carbonated water, and a complete rejection of any sweet, as well as alcoholic beverages.
- You can not eat flour, sweet, vegetables, containing a large amount of starch, seeds and nuts.
Sample menu, suitable for the first phase, may have the following form:
During the first two weeks, significant changes in metabolism should occur in the body, so you can proceed to the next level of body cleansing. At this time, you need to increase the amount of carbohydrates gradually, adding 5 grams until you continue to lose weight.
When you notice that the process of weight loss has stabilized, and the scales constantly show the same value, or you have gained too much, it is worth noting for yourself the maximum allowable amount of carbohydrates.
The duration of this phase can last as long as you need to get a comfortable weight.At the second stage, it is already possible to afford a small amount of previously prohibited foods - vegetables, sweet fruits, alcohol, bread.
Its task is to maintain the acquired state of the body and form. It is necessary to monitor your diet, eliminate harmful foods and “fast carbohydrates” from it, exercise regularly and, having determined the optimal weight for yourself, do not deviate from the norm by more than 3 kg.
- The main plus is the gradual loss of weight, during which you will not suffer from unbearable hunger, because you can eat a lot of familiar foods.
- The consumption of carbohydrates affects the blood sugar level of a person, thus periodically causing a feeling of hunger. The restriction of carbohydrates leads to the fact that sugar remains in a certain stable norm, and a person does not have to constantly look for snacks, as well as suffer from attacks of headache and irritability resulting from hunger.
- The results of the diet will surely please those who are going to lose more than 10 kg and are afraid of sagging skin. Protein, which is allowed to use, contributes to the preservation of muscle tissue.
- The gradual diet allows you to listen to the body, to find the right nutritional standards and products that will really benefit.
There are disadvantages
Many doctors have already challenged Dr. Atkins nutrition system for weight loss, emphasizing its danger to the body. Among the main disadvantages are:
- Carbohydrates are able to retain water, and in the conditions of their absence or low consumption, the body quickly loses the necessary reserves. Therefore, people suffering from diseases of the kidneys and liver, should abandon this diet.
- Due to inadequate intake of carbohydrate foods, a person may begin to suffer from headaches, become irritable, absent-minded, get tired quickly, because the brain needs glucose for normal activity.
- Unbalanced diet can cause constipation, so it is important to fill the lack of nutrients with vitamin complexes.
Like any diet, the diet of Dr. Atkins requires prior consultation with a doctor. And if a low carbohydrate diet is not contraindicated in your body, then within a few months you will learn to understand what quantities are needed in your body.Thus, you will not only lose weight, but also be able to prevent many diseases.
How to whiten the skin in the armpit area
Fantastic drawings of flowers and watercolor from Limzi
Picture of Mom on March 8: master-class with step-by-step photo
How to braid a bracelet from a string of threads
9 Brilliant ways to transform a boring bathroom with a small budget
How to cook a delicious burger