Breeds of hypoallergenic cats
Lovers of cats who suffer from allergies to the wool of these cute animals are unfortunate people, because communication with pets gives them great discomfort and sometimes causes real suffering. Fortunately, there are hypoallergenic rocks.
Are there hypoallergenic cats?
Any veterinarian will say that absolutely hypoallergenic cats that do not cause adverse reactions in allergy sufferers do not exist. But there are rocks, contacts with which are less likely to cause allergies, and if they do, they are not pronounced, with minor manifestations.
It is worth understanding the essence of undesirable reactions. Many believe that the cause of their occurrence is animal hair, but in fact it is not. The scientists found out that the allergy is provoked by a special protein Fel D1, which is present in physiological fluids (urine, saliva), epidermis, on the coat and in the skin secret of cats. It accumulates in the woolen cover, falls from it, combines with the smallest motes and inevitably penetrates the respiratory tract and mucous membranes of the surrounding people, causing itching, sneezing, tearing, swelling.
Fel D1 is isolated by absolutely all members of the feline family, but some synthesize this protein in smaller quantities, therefore, they can conditionally be considered hypoallergenic. If the amount of the substance is insignificant, it will not cause unwanted reactions, or they will be hardly noticeable. In addition, the regular intake of protein in the human body in small quantities can weaken allergies due to the adaptation of the immune system.
Which cats are considered the safest?
The following are the most popular hypo-allergenic cats:
- Oriental cats are relatives of Siamese. They are very graceful, have a slender and graceful, but at the same time rather muscular and well developed body. Unlike Siamese cats, Oriental cats are more sociable and have a rather calm disposition. They are friendly and talkative, but they require attention and the constant presence of the host, but they become excellent companions. A definite plus is relative hypoallergenicity.
- Devon Rex. This breed is the result of a mutation, but very successful. It differs not very long curly wool, which practically does not fade and, therefore, does not settle on furniture, floor and clothing, which, undoubtedly, is a plus.
- Yavanez has a long and very smooth coat, but it is devoid of undercoat. The colors may be different, but they are all noble and very beautiful. The pet will be betrayed to the owner, following him everywhere. True pleasure for this animal is to sit on your hands and purr softly. But the breed is stubborn and demanding in terms of attention from the person.
- Cornish Rex also belongs to curly cats and has a noble English origin (the county of Cornoull is considered the birthplace). And such animals are incredibly playful and energetic, and up to old age.
- Balinese cat has a bright appearance. All parts of her body are elongated, which gives the animal grace and a certain charm. Although the coat is long, but, firstly, it is devoid of undercoat, and secondly, it has a light color, which reduces the risk of allergic reactions. The nature of balinez is very calm, animals are affectionate, betrayed to the owner, completely non-conflicting and are happy to make contact.
- Lykoi is a very unusual breed, often called a werewolf cat. The first representatives were found by chance and looked painful, but the DNA test showed that a mutation occurred, and it was not possible to establish the original breed. A distinctive feature of the face is the complete absence of undercoat.During molting, almost all the hair falls out, and the cats remain bald. And in the process of falling out, the animals look very specific and resemble werewolves.
- Sphinxes. Since these cats, seemingly alien beings, are practically devoid of wool cover, they cause unwanted reactions much less often than fluffy fellows. Sphynxes are pretty smart, calm, affectionate and contact. And they are very fond of basking in the hands of their master. This breed is suitable for asthmatics, since dust and other small particles do not accumulate on the body of an animal. The most popular varieties of Sphynx include the St. Petersburg Sphinx (St. Petersburg), Canadian, Don.
- Siberian cat. Although it has a long fluffy coat with undercoat, it produces less allergenic protein than its counterparts, so it can safely be included in the list of hypoallergenic animals. The pet will become a true friend, if the owner will win his trust. And to minimize the risk of undesirable reactions during molting, remove the falling out furmer with a furminator.
Important rules for allergy sufferers
How to choose a four-legged friend,to live with which will be safe and comfortable? Observance of the following recommendations will help allergy sufferers to reduce the risks of developing unwanted reactions:
- Cats produce more Fel D1 protein than cats.
- Castrated males emit much less substance than intact, that is, not subjected to castration.
- The shorter the animal's fur, the less protein Fel D1 will linger on and accumulate on it. In addition, the expression of allergy reduces the severity of a small or completely missing undercoat.
- It has been observed that light colored cats are less likely to cause allergic reactions. And animals with dark hair, on the contrary, emit more allergenic substances.
Tip: assess the degree of allergic reaction can only be experienced. Try to contact with the animal during the day and watch the reaction of your body. If the state of health worsens, unfortunately, a comfortable friendship with a pet is unlikely to develop.
Features cat care
Proper care of your pet will help reduce the risk of allergic manifestations in the host. First, brush your cat regularly with special brushes to remove shedding wool.Secondly, do not forget about water procedures during which the protein Fel D1 is washed off the body. But bathing should not be too frequent, otherwise the skin will become dry and lose the protective barrier.
Thirdly, regularly clean the apartment or house in order to remove from all surfaces the molting wool, on which allergens synthesized by the pet's body accumulate. Fourthly, it is extremely important to monitor the health of the pet. Moreover, the artificially developed rocks described above have some peculiarities and weak points. And certain diseases can cause metabolic disorders and affect the synthesis of certain substances, including the Fel D1 protein. In addition, increased and frequent moulting is possible, which also increases the risk of developing allergies.
If you are allergic to cats, try choosing a hypoallergenic breed. Perhaps you can live comfortably with her.
Caucasian Shepherd - a true friend and a great guard
Chamomile Hair Tie
A new kind of makeup: sandbugging - what is it
Vase for cosmetics
Purple carrots - composition, taste and beneficial properties
How to make a screen for a battery with your own hands: an effective solution