Cocoa - tasty and healthy drink
Many of us in childhood drank a delicious and nutritious drink - cocoa. Ah, that taste and flavor! But for some reason, for many cocoa, it went along with the carefree childhood. But it is very, very useful. But it is important to choose it correctly and prepare it correctly.
What it is?
Where does this brown powder come from? It should be noted right away that he has nothing in common with coffee. This unique fruit ripens on trees that grow only in a few countries of the world: Malaysia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Ghana, Cameroon, Brazil, Venezuela and Côte d’Ivoire.
The fruit itself is similar to a large pod, inside it are seeds. It is from these seeds that the cocoa powder, familiar to almost everyone, is made by grinding them.
In general, there are three types of cocoa:
- Industrial production. Fruits are grown using fertilizers.
- Organic industrial. In this case, cocoa is grown in unnatural conditions, but without the use of fertilizers.
- And, finally, completely natural.It is considered the most valuable and, accordingly, expensive.
The first to use the fruits were the Aztecs, then cocoa gradually began to travel around the world and reached Europe.
The composition of cocoa is truly unique. It contains a lot of vitamins, microelements and minerals: potassium, magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, copper, manganese, iron, molybdenum, zinc fluorine, vitamins E, A, group B, PP and others. Also included are various organic acids, fats, proteins, carbohydrates, starch, fiber, monosaccharides and disaccharides.
Cooked natural drink can not be considered high-calorie. So, per 100 grams of dry powder is about 380-400 calories, that is, in a teaspoon of only 25-30 calories, which is not so much.
Natural cocoa has a wide variety of beneficial properties. We list some of them:
- First of all, it is worth noting that this wonderful powder contains substances that cause our body to produce the so-called "hormone of joy" - endorphin. That is, if you regularly drink cocoa, then depression and apathy will not be terrible.
- The drink allows you to keep the skin young and beautiful, because in the composition of the substances responsible for its elasticity.
- Cocoa is useful for hypertensive patients, since it can reduce blood pressure.
- This drink has a beneficial effect on brain activity. In particular, it can improve memory as well as concentration. Therefore, cocoa is so often given in schools and kindergartens.
- The work of the cardiovascular system is also improving. For example, some substances are able to strengthen the heart muscle.
- Surprisingly, cocoa is able to protect against diabetes.
- If you suffer from anemia, you just need to drink this drink regularly, because it helps to increase hemoglobin levels.
- Magnesium in its composition is able to increase nervous stability and helps fight stress and tension. In addition, the muscles relax, reducing the risk of seizures.
- Cocoa is a charge of cheerfulness! After drinking a cup, you will receive the necessary amount of energy and you will not feel hunger.
- It contains a substance similar in composition to caffeine, but safer. So drink cocoa instead of coffee.
- This drink is a good way to prevent cancer.
Harm and contraindications
Can such a drink be harmful? Yes, if it is wrong to choose and store it.So, in some store products called "Cocoa" is not only cocoa powder, but also a lot of other additives that will not give anything good to the body. Excessive amount of sugar is a direct route to obesity. Preservatives are also not needed.
This product has some contraindications:
- children's age (up to 3 years);
- allergic reactions (cocoa is a fairly strong allergen);
- certain diseases of the nervous system;
- sclerosis and atherosclerosis;
- increased acidity of the stomach;
- liver and kidney disease.
How to choose and how to store?
When buying carefully study the composition, there should not be anything superfluous. Pay attention to the supplier country, remember where such a tree grows. The package must be sealed, it shows all the information about the manufacturer (contacts, addresses).
In addition, it is important to properly store the powder, it can get pests. Pour cocoa into an opaque container, which should be tightly covered with a lid. Clean the jar in a dry place.
How to use?
How to make cocoa right? The easiest way is to simply dissolve the powder in hot water (just boiled, to be more precise).Usually, one or two teaspoons of cocoa and about the same amount of sugar is taken for a glass of boiling water, and many people drink a drink with milk. There are those who dilute the powder in pure milk, it is tasty and healthy.
But some advise cocoa to boil. In fact, there is no urgent need for this; such actions do not affect the taste. This may be required if you are using unboiled milk or raw water. In this case, pour milk or water into the pan, add the cocoa, bring the liquid to a boil and boil for 5-7 minutes. Do not forget to constantly stir everything!
But you can cook from cocoa powder and something more interesting. Here are the recipes:
- Hot chocolate. To prepare it, take 2 cups of milk, 3 tablespoons of cocoa, one packet of vanilla, a pinch of cinnamon. Pour the milk into the pan, start to warm up. When steam goes, start gradually pouring mixed cocoa and sugar, stirring everything thoroughly and vigorously. Remove the pan from the heat, add the cinnamon and vanilla. Done!
- Cocoa icing. You will need: 4 tablespoons of cocoa, ¾ cup of milk, half a glass of sugar, 50-70 grams of butter, vanillin, three tablespoons of flour.First mix the flour, cocoa, sugar and vanilla. Heat the milk, dissolve all the dry ingredients in it. Then add butter and heat everything until it melts. Done!
Powder can also be added to pastries, ice cream and other various desserts.
We use cocoa in cosmetology
Yes, cocoa will help you to preserve and even increase your beauty. You can add natural powder to scrubs, masks and other means. Here are a few recipes:
- Mask for weakened hair. Mix two tablespoons of cocoa, the same amount of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of kefir and one egg yolk. Mix all ingredients thoroughly until smooth. Apply the composition on the head, rubbing it into the roots, spread it over the hair. Wrap your head with a film and cover for half an hour. Wash off the mass with warm water and shampoo.
- Face scrub: mix cocoa with water to make a thick porridge. Massage the composition on your face, then rinse with warm water.
Some useful tips:
- Do not drink cocoa at night, it is better to do sutra.
- Do not add too much sugar, you will not feel the taste and do not feel the benefits.
- Do not spare money for this drink, give preference to quality!
- Cocoa has a shelf life, so do not use the powder "from my mother's reserves."
Drink cocoa, enjoy the taste, health and beauty!
What is useful Marian plum
Picture of Mom on March 8: master-class with step-by-step photo
Lemon Cheesecake with Poppy
We knit a simple swimsuit
How to get rid of bloating and gas in adults