Count ruins - delicious cake from available products
Cake "Grafskie ruins" is known, perhaps, to all. And for someone, he is almost the most favorite treat. And by the way, it is quite possible to cook it at home.
What is this cake?
"Grafskie ruins" - a popular dessert, especially among lovers of sweet. The name is given for a reason, because it really looks like the ruins of some gorgeous palace, which is achieved through the use of portioned meringues.
The basis is a biscuit, and it is the meringue that fits it. All parts are soaked with cream. If desired, you can pour a glaze over the cake, but not all, but partially, then it will be even more attractive and original. Some mistresses add dried fruit or nuts to taste.
The history of the cake is not exactly known, but it is believed that it originated from the equally popular "Kiev". And there is an opinion that Brezhnev himself was “mixed up” with the invention.Allegedly his chefs, who could not figure out the peculiarities of making “Kievsky” cake, created their own recipe, and he really liked Leonid Ilyich.
How to cook?
How to cook a delicious air cake "Count ruins" with your own hands? There are several recipes, and below are the most popular ones.
This is a classic recipe, implying the use of a delicate custard for impregnation.
Here's what you need:
For sponge cake:
- 100 grams of butter;
- 2/3 cup flour;
- half a teaspoon of soda;
- one egg white;
- half a glass of sugar.
- three glasses of sugar;
- six proteins;
- a pinch of salt.
- half a glass of milk;
- ¾ cup of sugar;
- 6 yolks;
- 250-300 grams of butter.
- First you need to make a sponge cake. First, whip the proteins well with sugar, then add the softened butter to the same mixture, whisk everything again.
- Sift flour and mix with soda, add to protein-oil mass. Whisk again.
- Move the dough into a mold and bake in the oven for literally 15 minutes at a temperature of about 180 degrees. Korzh ready.
- Now you can cook meringue.First, whip the whites with salt so that you have stable peaks. Then add sugar and continue beating.
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment, well soaked it with butter. Using a pastry bag (syringe) or a regular spoon, place the protein mass. Bake meringue in the oven at a temperature of about 120 degrees for about an hour and a half (depending on the size of portions). As a result, the turrets should be reddened.
- And finally, the cream. Yolks beat with sugar, add milk and cook the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Now add the softened butter.
- Next, the assembly of the cake, that is, the connection of biscuit with meringue and cream. Pour the cream over the cream, place the first layer of meringue, pour over the cream Lay layer upon layer, soaking everything with cream (pour the collected dessert on top of it).
Homemade cake can be prepared with sour cream and prunes.
For the test:
- 2 cups of flour;
- a glass of sugar;
- 100 ml sour cream;
- 2 eggs;
- a bag of vanilla;
- half a teaspoon of soda;
- half a teaspoon of vinegar (better than apple).
- a glass of sour cream:
- a glass of powdered sugar;
- bag of vanillin.
- 8 proteins;
- three glasses of sugar;
- some salt (literally on the tip of the knife).
- a glass of prunes.
How to cook step by step? It's simple:
- For the dough mix sour cream with eggs, gradually add flour, vanillin and sugar. Soda should be quenched with vinegar and also added to the mixture.
- Bake the cake in a parchment-shaped form at 180 degrees for about 20-25 minutes.
- Go to the meringue. Beat the whites with the sugar and salt, place on a baking sheet laid with baking paper and dry in the oven at 100 degrees for about 1.5 hours.
- For cream, just mix sour cream with vanilla.
- Prune for 15 minutes, cover with boiling water and cut.
- Put a sponge cake on a tray, soak it in sour cream, put the meringue in, pour over the cream, sprinkle with prunes. Lay the layers, the last one should be a cream.
This recipe involves adding nuts. For impregnation, a cream based on condensed milk is used, and biscuit is replaced with a biscuit. Everything is very simple!
- 200 grams of shortbread;
- can of condensed milk;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 8 proteins;
- 1 glass of walnuts;
- two glasses of powdered sugar.
- Condensed milk is desirable to cook, then the dessert will be even more delicious. Completely immerse the jar in a pot of water, cook for two hours (water should always be higher).But you can also buy ready-made boiled condensed milk.
- Now you can cook the meringue. Beat the eggs thoroughly with powdered sugar to obtain strong peaks. Next, place the portions of the meringue on a baking sheet covered with parchment soaked in oil. Bake for about two hours at 110 degrees.
- Cooking cake. Just crack the cookies and mix with half the softened butter, put on a tray in a thick layer.
- Mix condensed milk with the remaining butter.
- Lubricate the cake with cream, put the meringue and grease them too. The last will be a layer of condensed milk with butter.
Useful advice to housewives:
- To get the meringue air, you need, first, to beat it well. Secondly, separate the whites from the yolks carefully and carefully, as the yolks can spoil the color and structure. Thirdly, during baking, do not open the oven door until all portions have risen or browned. If you do this before, meringue can fall.
- It is advisable to prepare biscuit cake base and meringue in advance, that is, about a day or the night before cooking. This is optional, but will make the dessert not only more sustainable, but also more airy.So, if you soak a fresh biscuit cream, but it can become dense. And if it is pre-dried, then it will be able to maintain its airiness. When impregnated with cream fresh meringue, it can fall and become brittle and almost liquid, and this is also unacceptable.
- You can choose any cream, it all depends on your taste.
- Before serving, the cake should definitely be soaked well, otherwise the dessert will be too dry. To do this, you can remove it for about an hour or two in the refrigerator.
- In order for proteins to form a thick foam, they must be well cooled. In addition, you can cool the dishes used for beating. And the bowl should be perfectly clean.
Now you can surely please your loved ones or guests with this gorgeous dessert.
When the barber was charged £
Choosing together the right business suit (11 photos)
Japanese Landscape Garden
Crafts from plastic bottles, which would envy Timur Kizyakov himself