Features of care for a cat of the Javanese breed
The Java breed of cats appeared relatively recently as a result of breeding measures to increase the number of colors of balinese, which, strictly speaking, was achieved. However, along with a variety of colors, the new cats received other significant differences in the form of a different head shape, large paw pads, a special structure of wool and a noticeable fluffy tail, which made it possible to distinguish them into a separate rare and expensive breed - yavanezy.
The price of a kitten depends on color, sex and pedigree, and starts from twenty thousand rubles. Of course, an animal without a pedigree and with exterior deficiencies can be purchased cheaper - for eight thousand, but you can just love it, but in order to exhibit and breed, you will have to fork out for at least a hundred thousand rubles. For several years, Russian breeders have been breeding this interesting breed of cats.
Let's start with the "mythical", according to which the breed appeared on the island of Java,as a unique case of the birth of long-haired kittens in an ordinary short-haired animal, which was the impetus for the development of the breed, called the Javanese by place of origin. Objective and having evidence, two versions of breeding can be considered:
The experiments were carried out almost at the same time, so both options, European and American, is nothing but the same breed - yavanez. By the way, the name of the new breed is similar to the ancestor (balinese-yavanez).
The appearance of Javanese cats combines the features of the main ancestors - Balinese and Orientals, which gives them uniqueness and originality, and you can distinguish Yavanza from others by the following features:
- various varied variations of colors;
- prominent paw pads;
- even triangular head;
- unusual structure of wool;
- outstanding fluffy tail.
According to the standard, the animal should have a weight of two and a half to five kilograms, the height at the withers is twenty-twenty-five centimeters, the body length is forty-forty-five, with a tail that is thirty-five to forty centimeters long.
This slender cat with a flexible and elegant, but strong muscular body. Limbs are proportional to the body, also elegant, however, like the tail with the neck. A medium-sized, triangular head with a straight, long nose, widely spread ears, large at the base, and almond-shaped, slanted eyes are green, less often blue.
Cats have a peculiar long and silky coat, which is gradually shortened towards the head, so the backside of the animal looks more fluffy. There are breed imperfections in the form:
- round head, broad head or muzzle;
- small or round eyes;
- short body or limbs;
- short wool or double on the tail;
- hooked tail.
A riot of colors
Java cat unusual and unique. This is not only the grace and grace in every part of the body, but also an incredible number of colors that only its closest relatives can envy. Peculiarities of the breed make it possible to choose a pet “for every taste”, because there are:
- Monochrome. With red and purple (lavender), blue and cream, chocolate (havanna) and black (ebony), faun and white, cinnamon coat color.
- Tabby or tabby. That is, in one color, with a bright contrasting color overlaying the main color of the picture.Different species have their own characteristic elements, such as:
- several lines on the forehead in the form of the letter "M";
- fine lines from the corner of the eye and towards the temples;
- several unlocked rings on the neck;
- lines from large points in the neck, chest and abdomen;
- rings around the legs and tail;
- "Circled" eyes and nose lobes.
- With tabby colors marble, brindle (striped), torbie (spotted), ticked, silver.
- Two-color. With a turtle and smoky color, patio-color and color-point.
By the way, a big plus of the breed is its hypoallergenicity, since Javanese cats have no undercoat.
The nature of javanese is complicated, because they tend to be in the center of universal attention and adoration, but at the same time they have a strong attachment to their master. In addition, traits of Javanese cats include:
- demanding and jealousy;
- impatience and stubbornness;
- thirst for leadership in the family and control over all households.
Yavanez will never be bored, even when left alone - he will be engaged in research. Therefore, when leaving home, he is advised to leave toys so that the apartment does not turn into ruins during the absence of the owners.When there is someone from the household at home, Yavanez will try to pull all attention to itself, armed with its own qualities - activity, playfulness and restlessness.
They are wayward animals, but trained in the simplest tricks. They quite easily perceive the harness and leash for walks on the street. They love open space and active games, which requires good living conditions in terms of footage.
They get along with other living beings, including dogs, with whom they can spend some of their energy. If you meticulously put everything in its place, like peace and quiet, then the Javanese cat is definitely not for you.
How to keep yavana?
Maintenance and care do not require special “sacrifices” on the part of the owner, because they are no different from the conditions in which “ordinary Vaska and Murziki” live.
- Balanced nutrition with ready-made foods with amino acids, B vitamins, zinc is welcomed. If you prefer to feed with natural food, then surely with food additives. Ideally, purchase special food developed for Orientals and Siamese cats.
- Despite the length of the coat, it is not difficult to care for it, because it is without undercoat and not very thick.It is recommended to comb once a week, and brush your teeth too, very rarely bathe in exceptional cases, brush your ears as they are soiled with a cotton swab, which is moistened with water or petroleum jelly. Eyes are treated with tea brewing, putting it on a cotton pad. If the discharge is frequent, the animal is shown to the veterinarian.
It is advisable for Javanese kittens to add brewer's yeast to their food in order to replenish their bodies with vitamin B, which this active breed consumes faster than others.
Any action on Javana does require consultation with a physician.
On average, Javanese cats live to the age of fourteen, but with good care and careful attention to the health of the pet. In order to provide timely assistance and prevent the development of serious diseases, the owners need to monitor the symptoms that indicate a lack of health in the past, including:
- the appearance of strange, atypical for animal behavior;
- presence of general lethargy, apathy, lack of activity;
- signs of deterioration of appetite and refusal of the proposed food;
- appearance of frequent discharge from the eyes or nose;
- change of coat condition, loss of shine, loss.
The breed is not very good health, in which there is a risk:
- amyloidosis, protein metabolism disorders;
- diseases of the heart and gastrointestinal tract;
- neurological ailments;
Part of the disease has a genetic basis, so it can be transmitted to offspring, which should be considered when breeding a breed. Regular examination of the veterinarian will help identify problems and fix them in a timely manner, provided that it is carried out at least twice a year.
An animal of the Javanese breed is unusual and bright, cheerful and sociable, able to bring into your life many unforgettable pleasant impressions and discoveries.
Bianca Balti calls for loving your body after giving birth
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt divorce before the end of the month
15 amusing photos proving that the collective farm is indestructible
Jennifer Garner told about the main disadvantage of marriage with Ben Affleck
Named the best series of the first half of 2018
Take part in the competition from Isotoner and paint your autumn with bright colors