Fokkacha - an excellent dish of Italian cuisine
Focaccia ... This interesting name is covered with a delicious, crispy, Italian flat cake that looks something like a base for pizza. Even in ancient times, Roman soldiers and peasants included it in the diet of daily food. Tradition has survived to this day: many focaccia are considered the basis of a healthy diet, so they use it as regular bread or as a basis for any tasty stuffing.
How to cook Italian yeast bread? This is not at all difficult to do, and on your own at home.
In general, the Italian focaccia is prepared using the same technology, regardless of the country or place of preparation. Namely:
Mix the necessary ingredients: flour, salt, warm water, olive oil. Obtain a normal yeast dough, which should not be stirred for long, it is enough to allow time to stand (approximately 1.5 hours under a covered food film).
- Stretch or roll out with a rolling pin to the state of a thin sheet.
- Dispense on a baking sheet.
- Use a knife or a toothpick to pierce the rolled out dough to prevent bubbles.
- Lubricated harvesting with olive or butter, sprinkled with:
- various spices. This may be sea salt, spicy herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano);
- vegetables (cherry tomatoes, fried onions, thin slices of potatoes, sweet peppers);
- fruit (grapes).
Put in a stove or oven on a heated stone and bake.
Depending on what ingredients are added to the dough or fall on its surface, focaccia is of different types, for example:
- with olives (they are also called black olives) - it is amazingly delicious, baking simply melts in the mouth due to heavy impregnation with olive oil. Many consider such bread to be one of the best varieties of this dish;
- with pesto sauce is a well-known product that is considered not a snack, but already a full-fledged dish. The essence of cooking is that the surface of the tortilla is copiously covered with preheated pesto;
- with fragrant herbs (basil, garlic). The only condition for filing is freshly baked. If it takes more than 6-8 hours after baking, then focaccia will be dry;
- with cheese from the kind of soft varieties. This kind of Italian bread makes two types: thick, resembling pizza and thin, like khachapuri. Both that, and that is an excellent decision for the organization of a snack between the main meals;
- Dried. It is first baked, and then dried to the state of crackers. This option is used in addition to snacks during evening gatherings;
- with slices of baked tomatoes and olives. Such bread flat cakes are quite popular. Firstly, it is delicious, and secondly, it is a good alternative to pizza. Many prefer it during a light lunch or use it as a dish for a youth party, etc. Therefore, we decided to provide a recipe for this particular focaccia.
With tomatoes and olives
The classic selection of products for this type of tortilla includes:
- bread flour - 0.5 kg;
- water - 0,3 l;
- olive oil - two tablespoons;
- granulated sugar - two teaspoons;
- salt stone - two teaspoons;
- dry yeast - two teaspoons without top are enough;
- ten ripe cherry tomatoes;
- black pepper to taste.
The course of cooking is the same as for all types of Italian bread (described earlier), the only addition:
- Before rolling the dough into the oven, decorate it with slices of cherry and olives, lightly sprinkle with olive oil and sprinkle with melted black pepper;
- bake for about twenty minutes with an average temperature of the oven.
And in conclusion, we would like to note that focaccia is the perfect dish for novice hostesses who want to pleasantly surprise their chosen one or their loved ones.
Learning to wear sneakers in a new way (12 photos)
7 sq. M. meters fiction: the unusual interior of a small apartment
If you find it difficult to get to food, then food will come to you
What is useful to walk barefoot
Duck stories are back, first trailer