Fundamentals of the psychology of creativity
All of us at least once engaged in creativity. And if you tried to grasp the essence of such activities? This will help the psychology of creativity.
What is it?
What is the psychology of creativity? This is a section of psychology that studies the creation by man of something new, previously unknown, and in various spheres of life: in science, art, technology, and also in everyday everyday life.
Unfortunately, so far this direction is only developing and has no clear theoretical basis. That is, science exists only in the framework of research, experiments, and observations. Yes, there are some recommendations, but there is no clear answer to the questions about how to develop creative abilities and how to introduce creativity into ordinary life.
In general, the term “creativity” covers not only the activities of the individual, but also the values it creates, which are transferred from the life and destiny of a particular person into society, culture, science and other fields. And creativity is a process that can lead to the creation of a certain product.But this process is multifaceted, complex and often beyond the control of anyone except the creator.
The basis of the psychology of creativity is the relationship between the process of creativity, the product, as well as the “creator” himself. The process should belong to the individual, but the product subsequently belongs to the culture.
The main subjects of the study of the psychology of creativity are the creative and creative thinking of a person, his inner world, the so-called spiritual potential, emotional coloring of processes, inspiration, individual psychological personality characteristics, intuition, imagination.
In addition, the direction also covers the impact that a creative team (if it exists), a society as a whole, a situation in the world, tendencies, and also factors that stimulate creative activity (such as brain attacks, some drugs, discussions) can have on a person. and so on).
Different scientists put forward different theories. For example, Freud believed that creativity is an unconscious component and motivation. And the motivation is associated with the so-called eros, that is, the desire for life, which is based on sexual attraction.That is, the most creative part of the human mind is the unconscious.
Jung partly agreed with Freud and put the unconscious at the head of creative activity. But he also added that there are two beginnings in man: personal and creative. And the ability, properties, traits, and skills will depend on the interaction of these principles.
Kelly saw creativity as an alternative to banality. He considered man to be a scientist and a researcher who interacts with the world and interprets it, processing information in its own way. That is, all life is nothing more than a creative process.
Allport and Fromm viewed creativity as a person's lifestyle. Rogers based it on a “field of experience,” which includes sensations, events, influences, perceptions that a person selects without himself realizing it. And Maslow called creativity the function of man, including all forms of self-expression.
What activities can be considered creative?
Any activity can be called creative, as a result of which something qualitatively new is created. But there are simply no clear boundaries between creativity and ordinary activities, and this is recognized by many psychologists.Rather, they can be determined, but only subjectively.
In the process of creating something, a person can rely both on his own experience and on the experience of other people, as well as on some expectations, generally accepted trends. Other people's ideas can be used for inspiration, which is an integral part of the process. And this does not mean that the creator simply “stole” other people's thoughts. He transformed them, changed them by adding something of his own. And this is also creativity.
Varieties of creativity
There are the following types of creativity:
- Scientific creativity is the discovery and interpretation of patterns of development, as well as the phenomena of the real world. The peculiarities of this variety are logic, reliance on the abstract. The end product is knowledge.
- Technical creativity encompasses the practical or technological transformation of reality. It relies on effective and imaginative thinking. The product are the mechanisms and designs.
- Artistic work is the aesthetic development of the surrounding world and reality, as well as the satisfaction of the aesthetic needs of the individual, that is, the desire for beauty.The main is visual and imaginative thinking. A product is an artistic image, which is enclosed in some material object, for example, in a poem, a sculpture, a picture.
- Co-creation is the perception of works of art, their interpretation.
- Separately allocated children's creativity, which deserves special attention and is a very interesting variety. In fact, all children are engaged in creativity, because even such a usual and everyday activity as a game can already be regarded as a creative process, because in the process a child connects imagination, fantasizes, thinks out something new.
- Pedagogical creativity is the search for something new in the pedagogical sphere with the goal of giving more to the pupils, teaching them something special.
Are you a creative person? If so, then the article will definitely be useful to you.
Natalia Vodianova became a mother for the fifth time
Ten best places for family holidays in Ukraine
How to make Easter garlands
How to get rid of unexpected guests in our house - bedbugs
In the fashion again cowards that stick out from under the clothes
Pros and cons of chia oil
Budget loft in Stalin's house
Released the first trailer of the film 451 degrees Fahrenheit