Healing properties of bay leaves
All of us since childhood are familiar with the smell of bay leaf, which my mother added to various dishes. From this they became even more fragrant and acquired a slightly bitter aftertaste. But in addition to culinary merit, this spice has a number of useful properties that make it possible to use it for medicinal purposes.
Where are you from, laurel?
Bay leaf - a leaf of the tree "laurel noble", which is the birthplace of the countries of Asia Minor and the Mediterranean. The plant is very fond of the sun, and in ancient times it was a symbol of goodness and a talisman from harm. No wonder that the winners of various competitions and brave warriors were crowned with laurel wreaths.
To feel the healing effect of laurel on the body, you need to choose it correctly. To do this, pay attention to the color sheets. They should be dark green, smooth and blemish free. All useful properties and aroma remain even in a dried plant, therefore you should feel a pronounced, sometimes even sharp smell.
Treatment with decoctions and infusions on bay leaf has been known for many centuries and is widely used in Europe, Asia and Russia. Why is this spice so useful?
- Laurel leaves are a very powerful natural antibiotic and a substance that helps speed up the metabolic processes.
- Tanning components that make up it, quickly remove swelling and help reduce inflammation, so the decoction is often used for diseases of the oral cavity. Often bad breath requires consulting a doctor, but to cope with it quickly, you can chew a sheet several times a day, but after the procedure you will need to refrain from eating and drinking for 1 hour.
- Bay oil perfectly copes with manifestations of sinusitis and pressure sores, and is also effective in treating tuberculosis, suppressing the causative agent and improving immunity. Due to its insecticidal and disinfectant properties, it is effective in combating skin irritations, as well as bruises and sprains.
To prepare such a tool is not difficult. Take 2 tbsp of crushed leaves, cover with vegetable oil and let stand for a week in a dark place.
- Broth is also used to remove unwanted salts from the body. Thus, you can clean the joints, gall bladder and help with cholecystitis.
In addition, laurel decoction helps to reduce sugar levels in patients with diabetes. To do this, pour 10 sheets of 3 tbsp. boiling water, let stand for several hours and take on ½ tbsp. before eating.
Due to the high content of camphor, tannins, as well as fatty acids, a decoction will also help to cope with the acute phase of hemorrhoids - reduce bleeding, relieve pain and swelling.
- The infusion of bay leaves, as compared with decoction, has a milder effect, so it is often used for diarrhea, and in combination with honey, the tool will become an excellent natural immunomodulator.
Help infusion and those who suffer from bouts of allergies. 1 tablespoon infusion with traditional medicines at the first symptoms will quickly eliminate the problem.
The infusion of laurel in folk medicine is also used to strengthen the nervous system. It increases stress resistance, helps to fight depression and fatigue.
In case of allergic diathesis and irritations, wiping and baths are effective, for this you need to add 1 l of infusion to the water. The duration of the procedure is no more than half an hour.
- We should also note the effect of the plant on the body in the process of losing weight. Laurel is able to remove excess fluid from the body, which means that “unnecessary” kilograms will be burned faster.
To prepare the simplest tincture, you must put 3 sheets in boiling water (1 tbsp.), Boil for a few minutes and let it brew. After 3-4 hours, strain, drink 3-4 times daily before meals, 1 tbsp.
If you want to more thoroughly cleanse the body, then this recipe is useful: pour 30 liters of boiling water over 30 sheets and leave overnight. Divide the infusion into 3 parts and take for 3 days in small portions. In the process of purification, you must also follow a low-calorie diet.
Another decoction will be useful to those who want to look slimmer. For him you will need to boil the leaves of laurel tree (5 pcs.) And 1 stick of cinnamon in 1 liter. water, and drink 1 tbsp. before meals 3 days.
Despite its universal healing properties, laurel has a number of contraindications:
- pregnancy - in high concentration, it can cause contraction of the uterine muscles;
- duodenal ulcers, an ulcer and a tendency to constipation;
- severe form of diabetes mellitus;
- bleeding tendency;
- inflammatory diseases of the kidneys.
The rest of the laurel - is a real storehouse of nutrients that will help to cope with depression, support immunity and have an antimicrobial and soothing effect. But before you begin treatment with this miraculous plant, be sure to consult with a specialist.
Victoria Beckham did not let her family on the first shows of their collections
Colored tights: what to wear the most fervent thing of the season
Fleece denim boots
Saloni Ceramica: the best collections of ceramic tiles from Spanish designers
How to make a wine from plums at home
How to get rid of lice and nits
Vogue Italia devoted a number to women over 60