How can I get rid of birthmarks?
With birthmarks associated with many opinions, beliefs and facts. But not all of them are true and fair. If you have such a feature, find out what it can mean, as well as whether you can permanently get rid of the stain.
What are birthmarks, what are they?
Birthmark is not a medical term, but a popular name that covers two main types of neoplasms, localized on the skin and formed in children either during the prenatal period or during childbirth or immediately after them.
So, consider the two main types of birthmarks:
- Pigmented spots or nevi. They are formed from the accumulation of pigment cells of the skin of melanocytes located in the epidermis, that is, the upper layer of the skin. Nevi usually have a brown color, sometimes they occur before birth or immediately after it, but most often develops around the code due to exposure to ultraviolet radiation.
- Vascular spots or angiomas.They form the vessels, and such tumors are divided into lymphangiomas and hemangiomas. The latter consist of small vessels and often arise even before the birth of the child. Lymphangiomas are formed by lymphatic vessels, and they can also develop during fetal development, but in most cases occur at the age of two or three years.
Depending on the structure and appearance, angiomas are divided into such varieties as:
- Cavernous or cavernous have a complex structure.
- Wine angiomas are formed by capillaries, do not rise above the level of the skin and have a relatively light shade.
- Strawberry resemble strawberry berries, as they have a similar granular structure and bright color.
- Medial angiomas, as a rule, gently pink, oblong, located on the head and disappearing without a trace in the first year of a child's life.
- Mongolian birthmarks have a bright color and sometimes resemble hematomas.
- Bearded angiomas rough, painted in brown color and covered with a cornified crust.
Nevi can be giant pigment, wine or fire, blue.
Why do they arise?
The exact causes of birthmarks are unknown, but it is believed that the following factors have a certain impact on their development:
- Genetic predisposition. Often almost the same spots are found in close relatives.
- Birth injuries. Thus, angiomas can occur due to vascular damage caused by severe childbirth.
- Some doctors believe that the spots can be the result of hormonal failures and sudden fluctuations observed during the period of gestation.
- It is believed that some infections, in particular affecting the urogenital system, can provoke the development of neoplasms.
- Negative factors include the adverse effect on a woman during pregnancy: a sharp climate change, severe working or living conditions, contacts with chemicals, radiation exposure.
Is it worth getting rid of stains?
Faced with birthmarks, many are beginning to think what to do and how to get rid of such "tags." To delete them in childhood is definitely not worth it, because any manipulation can become stress for the child and cause undesirable and irreversible changes in the child's emergingthe body.
For example, there are cases when remote birthmarks appear again, and in larger sizes. Removal may also cause serious damage to soft tissue or blood vessels. In addition, many angiomas disappear on their own closer to three years, and nevuses usually have less size and do not spoil the appearance.
Removing stains in adulthood is also not always necessary, because if they do not affect the appearance, do not stand out or, on the contrary, are perceived as some interesting feature, then why get rid of such a highlight that emphasizes your personality?
If the birthmark is in a prominent place, makes you complex, causes discomfort or increases in size or bleeds, then you should consult a doctor and consult with him about the removal. But first, the specialist must find out the nature of the neoplasm and exclude its malignant nature.
To get rid of birthmarks, the following methods of struggle are used:
- Surgical method, that is, excision of a neoplasm, which is usually carried out using local anesthesia.
- Laser removal. Under the influence of a special laser beam, the tissue of the birthmark disintegrates, and the vessels immediately become cauterized. This method is characterized by low trauma, safety and the absence of overt scars.
- Cryodestruction - exposure to liquid nitrogen, which freezes tissues and provokes their dying. In this way only small spots are removed.
- Electrocoagulation involves cauterization of the neoplasm by high-frequency current, which instantly destroys the tissue. In place of the spot a crust forms, but it eventually disappears.
Important: Only an experienced specialist in a clinical setting can remove a birthmark! Independent actions and the use of folk remedies can cause chemical burns, tissue injury and the formation of scars. In addition, in some cases, a gross impact on a neoplasm can trigger a cell mutation and subsequently cause an oncological disease.
What can mean?
What is the meaning of a birthmark? At different times, certain peoples endowed such "tags" with various properties, and sometimes with opposite ones.So, some believed that the birthmark - this is a good sign, a kind of "angel kiss," providing protection for the child.
Others perceived it as the "mark of the devil." Still others believed that the birthmark was the personification of the connection between our present life and the past, a kind of symbol of the reincarnation of the soul. And astrologers believe that the spot on the skin - is the result of the impact of the universe and the stars on the fate of man.
To find out what a birthmark means, you should consider its shape. If it is round and has no sharp corners, then a person will have a happy life. Sharp outlines promise uncertainty and some suspense in fate. The presence of protrusions and corners can personify obstacles and difficulties.
Consider the color of the spot: the brighter and richer it is, the stronger the influence of the “tag” on fate. From this point of view, bright spots are regarded as weak and practically impotent. The presence of hair on the surface usually promises unhappiness, especially if it is black and numerous.
An important role is played by the location of the birthmark on the body. If it is on the face, then the owner will receive the attention of the opposite sex and happiness in his personal life.A “tag” on the back can impersonate some kind of treachery. A birthmark on the hand promises good luck, and sometimes it means a person’s sensitivity.
Neoplasms in the legs are usually regarded as haste, haste conclusions, waste of time and effort. The stain on the neck speaks of impermanence, and on the buttock - of frivolity and frivolity.
If you decide to get rid of the birthmark, think carefully and choose the appropriate method.
How chocolate and various sweets can affect the human body
Love Story: Maya Plisetskaya and Rodion Shchedrin
How to tie a fur hat with needles
Stress, causes of stress