How to clean the mounting foam from your hands and clothes
Each sign is a building accessory, like a mounting foam. Fragments of polyurethane foam sealant can be seen after the installation of windows and doors. This substance of artificial origin is designed to fill the cracks, to produce insulation or waterproofing of the room.
In appearance, the foamy mass resembles a cream that you want to touch. But this should not be done, as cleaning the foam with hands and clothes is not easy, especially at home.
Construction and repair work is a traumatic process. Corns, scratches, abrasions and bruises become commonplace for the master. Compliance with safety regulations can help prevent negative consequences. Precautionary measures during assembly work include the use of workwear, gloves, protective masks and headgear (helmets). Thus, the penetration of polyurethane foam on the skin of the hands or clothing is unlikely.
Precautions: what not to forget
The conversation is not just about the spoiled thing or the contamination of the skin that is being cleaned. The fact is that the mounting foam is a chemically aggressive substance. And safety guidelines are designed to protect your health.
- When working with foam, you need to protect the respiratory system from toxic fumes, so use a respirator or mask.
- Eye protection requires special glasses. In case of contact with eyes, immediately rinse them with running water.
- To avoid irritation on the skin of the hands - use gloves.
- The cylinder contains a mixture of gases, so it can not be stored near electrical appliances, leave in direct sunlight or smoke nearby.
Cleaning foam from hands and skin
When performing repair work with their hands, they are the first to be hit. And even if you have protected the skin from harmful effects, there is no guarantee that a small drop of chemical composition will not damage the skin. Therefore, you need to be ready to remove the foam from your hands.You can perform the procedure in several ways:
- Medical alcohol is the most sparing option.
- Table vinegar will help with light pollution.
- Acetone has proven itself against traces of foam.
- Gasoline removes sealant well.
Improvised means to help
The methods listed above can cause a reaction on the skin of the hands due to individual intolerance. And in this case, it is better to use folk methods.
- Method with a therapeutic effect - salt baths. To do this, a tablespoon of salt is dissolved in warm water and placed in the solution for a few minutes.
- Traces of foam can be washed off with soap and a hard sponge or pumice.
- Rub the skin with warm vegetable oil with detergent. Rinse foamed mixture with warm water.
Cleansing is better to complete a fat cream. After that, you can start repair work again.
Spoiled clothing is irreversible
Do not worry if we are talking about specialized clothing, which is not a pity. It is enough to cut the frozen foam from the surface of the fabric, and rub the bottom layer with a solvent. Most often this remedy leaves a bright spot.
What to do if the output was spoiled?
- In this case, it remains to hope for the quality of the fabric, pattern or color, which will withstand the harsh effects of kerosene, gasoline, acetone or nail polish remover.
- Wait for the sealant to dry on the fabric and scrape it off with a stationery knife or spatula. Knitted things are easily cleaned without leaving traces. To be sure, you can freeze the spoiled item. Place in a bag and send to the freezer for half an hour. Then remove the dirt manually.
If these methods have not helped, zadekoriruyte spot.
The secret of experienced builders
Professional masters who are faced with similar situations at work will not waste time and effort to eliminate sealant stains. They have a secret.
- Buying balloons with mounting foam, they buy a tool for cleaning the mounting gun. It eliminates pollution, is generally available and inexpensive.
- There is a secret, which is not known to everyone. Removal of contamination on the surface of clothing can be done with the drug "Dimexide" or dimethylsulfoxide.It should be applied to the fabric with a cotton swab and leave for half an hour. Frozen foam is scraped off with a spatula, and the item is erased as usual.
It turns out that clothes can be brought into the proper form, and hands can be saved from irritation.
In conclusion, back to the point of compliance with precautionary measures. In addition to the safety precautions that must be observed when working with mounting foam, it should be remembered about protection during its removal from various surfaces.
By resorting to chemicals and solvents, you endanger the respiratory system, the surface of the skin of the hands and eyes. Therefore, perform the procedure in a ventilated room, protect your hands with rubber gloves and stay away from open flame. Try not to let the sealant hit the surface, thereby save your time, health and strength. And, most importantly, successfully complete the repair.
A gift to dad, a gift to mom
Buckwheat noodles with cabbage and mushrooms
How to make peace with mom
Apartment decoration styles
How to cook perfect beef steak in a pan
Fantastic drawings of flowers and watercolor from Limzi