How to cook kohlrabi cabbage?
If cabbage is one of the most popular products, then its relative kohlrabi is used much less frequently. But from it you can also cook a lot of interesting dishes. And she is very useful.
The benefits of kohlrabi
Kohlrabi, although it is not the most popular product, but it is very, very useful, and many people underestimate it. The composition includes many useful substances, for example, food coarse fibers, vegetable protein, thiamine, phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium, sodium, mineral salts, as well as vitamins C, PP and group B
Useful properties of Kohlrabi cabbage:
- The product is useful for digestion, because, firstly, it stimulates the production of gastric juice, secondly, it contains fiber and with its help stimulates intestinal motility and effectively cleans it.
- Kohlrabi should be used to normalize the metabolic processes occurring in the body.
- Such cabbage is useful for the nervous system, as it normalizes its functioning and helps to avoid the negative effects of stress.
- Regular consumption of the product in question allows you to reduce the level of so-called "bad" cholesterol.
- Kohlrabi has a mild diuretic effect, due to which it removes excess fluid from the body and reduces stress on the kidneys.
- Cabbage promotes healing of the cardiovascular system: it strengthens the heart muscle and reduces the risks of heart attacks, and also stabilizes the level of blood pressure.
- The product helps cleanse the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Kolrabi is able to improve liver function and cleanse this organ.
- With regular use of this type of cabbage, heavy metals, slags, metabolic products, toxins and other harmful substances can be removed from the body.
- Included in the composition of the substance can destroy certain pathogens, and vitamin C strengthens the immune system, so that kohlrabi is good to eat colds during the season.
- Such a product can be safely called useful for losing weight, because, firstly, it contains only 27-28 calories, and secondly, thanks to dietary fibers for a long time gives a feeling of satiety.
Important: It is not recommended to use kohlrabi in the period of exacerbation of ulcers and gastritis, as well as with an increase in the acidity of gastric juice.
What to cook?
How to cook such an unusual and useful kohlrabi cabbage? The following are interesting recipes.
Recipe number 1
Unusual and tasty will be kohlrabi stuffed cabbage. To create such a culinary masterpiece, you will need:
- three or four kohlrabi:
- 150 g chicken fillet (breast will do)
- 150 champignons or other mushrooms;
- large tomato;
- some oil;
- 70-80 g of hard cheese;
- greens and salt.
- First, prepare the cabbage: clean, wash it, and then cut the tops: in the future they can be used for decoration, but it is not necessary.
- Wrap each kohlrabi in foil and send to bake at 190 degrees in the oven for about fifteen minutes. Remove the pulp from the finished cabbage with a spoon (after heat treatment, it should acquire a more delicate texture).
- Take care of other components. Peel and shred the onion; after thorough washing, cut the mushrooms too, for example, with plates or cubes. Wash the fillet, grind it in any way.Tomato can either scroll in a meat grinder, or cut.
- In well-heated oil, fry onion, chicken fillet and mushrooms. Mix them with the pulp extracted from the cabbage, fill the kohlrabi, sprinkle grated cheese on top of the stuffing.
- Return the cabbage to the oven for 15 or twenty minutes. The inside should be completely cooked and covered with an appetizing cheese crust.
Recipe number 2
You can try to stew the kohlrabi, and this dish will be a great easy side dish.
Here is what you need:
- about 300-350 g of kohlrabi;
- 70-80 ml sour cream (fat can be almost any);
- two medium tomatoes;
- about 30 grams of butter;
- tablespoon with a hill of flour;
- dill or other greens.
- Prepare all the ingredients. Cabbage after cleaning or cut into thin straws, or rub on a coarse grater. Tomatoes can be cut into small cubes, it is not necessary to peel them. Wash greens, chop with a knife or narvite.
- Melt or heat the oil in a skillet or saucepan. Fry the cabbage on it for a couple of minutes, then add the tomato and fry for just a minute.
- Mix the sour cream with flour, this mixture enter into the dish.
- Under the lid, simmer the vegetables for ten minutes to make them soft.
- Put chopped greens and salt in a saucepan, and after two or three minutes, turn off the heat.
Recipe number 3
Useful kohlrabi can be fried in batter. Prepare the following ingredients:
- two or three kohlrabi;
- 2 tbsp. l. breadcrumbs;
- st. l. mayonnaise;
- frying oil;
- Cabbage should be cleaned and cut into small portions.
- Boil water in a saucepan, salt it a little and boil kohlrabi for three minutes. Cabbage will become soft, but it should not be cooked.
- Prepare the batter: in one bowl, beat the egg with mayonnaise, in the other pour the breadcrumbs.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Dip each slice of cabbage into the mayonnaise-egg mixture, then into the crackers, and then put in boiling oil. In this way, fry the whole kohlrabi.
- Is done. You can serve such a simple dish with sauce, for example, garlic.
Recipe number 4
From kohlrabi you can make a fresh and light diet salad.
- 150 grams of kohlrabi;
- 150 g carrots;
- 150 g of stem celery;
- bunch celery verdure;
- st. l. vegetable oil;
- hllime or lemon juice;
- Kohlrabi wash and clean, then rub on a large grater.
- Wash carrots and rub.
- Stem celery also needs to be grated, and the greens - chopped.
- Make a salad dressing by mixing the butter with lime or lemon juice.
- Mix all the ingredients, season with salt and add refueling.
A few tips for hostess:
- Try to choose small stebleplody, as they have a more pleasant light taste and a loose structure. The optimum diameter of one cabbage is no more than seven to nine centimeters.
- Before cooking with cabbage, it is desirable to remove the skin, then in the finished dish of kohlrabi will be more tender.
- To emphasize the specific taste of cabbage, you can use lemon or lime juice, as well as soy sauce.
- If you have purchased large and middle-aged kohlrabi, then be prepared for the fact that its coarse fibers will affect the final taste of the dish. But they can be removed, for example, by cutting with a knife.
Kohlrabi is not only useful, but also practically universal product that can be prepared simply, quickly and tasty.
The secrets of the perfect smell in your home
Why the guy doesn'
Dress for prom: looking for the perfect
Want to lose weight Maybe you can help ganoderma
How to become a ninja
Thermoses: history, types, materials, advice
Colored tights: what to wear the most fervent thing of the season