How to make a box of improvised materials?
It will be doubly pleasant to receive a gift if it is originally packed. But what if there are absolutely no empty boxes at home? Strong and, last but not least, a beautiful box can be made with your own hands!
What to do?
Of course, cardboard boxes are the strongest and most reliable, so most often cardboard is used as the main material. But paper boxes can also be used, especially if the gift is not too big and not very heavy. And yet it is better to use thick paper, otherwise you simply will not bring the gift to the recipient.
How to do?
How to make a box with your own hands? There is a great variety of options. We offer a few original, but quite simple.
Make a box with a lid of paper. To do this you will need:
- 2 sheets of thick paper;
- pencil and ruler;
- First you will need to draw a drawing.Draw a square. Its value will depend on the size of the gift.
- Now from each side of the drawn square set aside one more square. You will have 5 identical figures in total. The outlines of the first square, which is in the middle, should be made dotted. These will be the lines of bends.
- Then, from the sides of the top square, set aside 1-2 centimeters. These indents are needed for gluing the sides of the box. Precisely the same protrusions and draw for the bottom square.
- Now you can start cutting. The projections will also need to be cut, but cut off their edges at an angle so that they are more conveniently glued.
- Now all the side parts-squares bend to the center along dotted lines.
- Then you can proceed to gluing the parts together. To do this, bend the ledges inside, apply glue and glue to the adjacent sides of the box. The main part is ready.
- Start making the cover. To do this, draw a square again. But since you make a cover that should fit freely on the box, its dimensions should exceed the dimensions of the main part. Add 0.3-0.5 millimeters to each side.
- Now, do not lay squares on the sides, but rectangles with not too wide a width (enough 3-4 cm).
- For the top and bottom rectangles, also draw the protrusions.
- Cut out the workpiece for the lid, also cut the ledges at an angle.
- Glue the tabs to the side adjacent sides.
How to decorate such a box? For example, you can paint it. And on the cover write the wishes for the one who intended the gift.
If you plan to give something very small, for example, decoration, then as a package you can use a matchbox. But it is, of course, necessary to decorate. So, you will need:
- beautiful fabric, for example, velvet;
- beads or beads;
- thin ribbon;
- thread and needle;
- tailor's chalk or special pencil.
- The matchbox will perform the function of the base, and we will decorate it with a cloth. In order to tighten the base, first you need to draw the required dimensions on the material. To do this, measure the length of the box. Put this piece on the cloth.
- Now measure the height and width of the box.Multiply each of these values by two and add the values. Add 1 centimeter. Set aside from the beginning and the end of the first segment, one segment perpendicularly down. The length will be equal to the value obtained after the calculations. Connect the ends of these segments so that you have a rectangle.
- Cut it out. Now put on it a rectangle equal to the upper side of the box. This part will be the front, it needs to be decorated. To do this, expand it with beads or beads.
- Now cut two pieces of tape with a length of 10-15 centimeters. It is better to scorch their edges so that they do not bloom.
- Now attach one ribbon to the top of the box (closer to the edge), and the second to the bottom. Ties ready.
- Grease the box with glue and wrap the carved cloth so that the decorated piece is on top.
- Now you need to wrap the material and the sides of the retractable part box. To do this, simply circle them on the fabric, cut out the rectangles and glue them to the sides.
- The original little box is ready!
Make a sturdy cardboard box. To do this you will need:
- colored or gift paper.
- First you need to make a drawing. To do this, draw a square with a side equal to 10 centimeters. Now, from the top side, set aside a rectangle with a width of 8 centimeters. Just the same rectangle set aside from the bottom side of the square.
- Now, from the left side too, set aside a rectangle with the same width as the two previous ones. And on its left side, set aside another small rectangle. Its width will be equal to 2-3 centimeters. This is the future lapel cover box. And from the upper and lower sides of the same rectangle, set aside another rectangle not more than 1.5 centimeters wide. These are the tabs for gluing the box.
- Then set aside a rectangle with a width of 8 centimeters from the right side of the main first square. Then from its top and bottom parts set aside over the ledge (as in the previous paragraph).
- Billet ready. Draw the same on gift or colored paper. But if you want to speed up the process, first cut the main blank, then circle it on colored paper, and then cut it.
- Now glue the cut wrapping paper to the base.
- On all lines of the main part, make bends inwards.
- Cut the projections at the corners and glue them to the adjacent side parts on the inside of the box.
- You can decorate such a gift box with appliqués, sequins, paillettes or other decor elements to your liking.
You can make the original round box. Here is what you need:
- not too thick cardboard (dense will be bad to bend and break);
- tape measure;
- round base or compass;
- First draw a circle. This will be the basis.
- Now, using a measuring tape measure the length of the circle drawn.
- Draw a rectangle. Its length will be equal to the length of the drawn circle plus the centimeter to the gluing, and the width to the desired height of the box.
- Now from the length of one of the sides set aside a rectangle 1.5 centimeters wide. This is an allowance for gluing the bottom to the side. Now draw several triangles right in this rectangle. The interval between them should be from 0.5 to 1 centimeter, the peaks should rest against the main large triangle,and the bases will coincide with the extreme side of a small narrow rectangle (with the one that does not adjoin the large one).
- Cut the bottom. Then cut the blank for the side and all the triangles. Bend the pattern of the drawn lines.
- Begin to glue the patterned protrusion to the bottom (to the wrong side), while at the same time gently bending the side. At the end, glue the ends of the side overlap.
- To make a cover, once again draw a bottom and almost the same lateral part. But its height will be equal to 2-3 centimeters. Glue the bottom with the side part in the same way as in the previous paragraph.
If you need to make a big box, then use the packaging for shoes. You will need:
- a shoe box;
- fabric for pasting;
- lace ribbon;
- all-purpose adhesive;
- beads, sequins, beads for decoration.
- Tape the box with a cloth, making measurements in advance. It is best to wrap all sides first, then the bottom. Also do the same with the lid.
- Tie a lace bow, glue it to the cover.
- Decorate the box with beads, beads, sequins, sequins.
Show imagination and create to make the most beautiful and original box!
How to brew flower tea
Do not try to repeat: beauty hacks that do not work
What can be made of denim
How to make an omelet in a mug