How To Make The Best Sugar Cookies
How to Make a Holiday Dessert
Holiday meals wouldn't be complete without a wonderful dessert to accompany the delicious meal. There are many holidays, and just a few are suggested here to give you some inspiration to seek more possibilities for desserts for your own festive occasion.
Thanksgiving dessert ideas
Christmas dessert ideas
Hanukkah dessert ideas
Eid-ul-Fitr dessert ideas
Make tasty candy or baked treats for setting out on the buffet table.Some choices that might work well include:
- Date balls; roll these either in coconut or pistachios
- Kahk (sweet dusted cookies)
- Pistachio shortbread
- Cake pops with piped icing henna designs
- Date bars or date cookies
- Macadamia cheesecake
- Qatayef, an Egyptian sweet crepe stuffed with nuts or cheese (sweeten it for dessert); or 'ataif, walnut-stuffed pancakes.
Make sheer khurma.This is a tasty, gently spiced milk pudding which is traditional as an Eid dessert. Or make Lab-E-Shireen, a custard-based pudding also enjoyed for this occasion.
Arrange a sumptuous fruit bouquet as both a table centerpiece and dessert.Healthy and tasty, it's perfect for those who don't want to indulge in the more sugary desserts.
New Year dessert ideas
Celebrate New Year's Eve with some celebratory desserts:
Celebrate a Mexican New Year with traditional desserts:
- Make buñuelos. These are a very popular dessert in Mexico, made just for this holiday. Buñuelos is a fried, sweet tortilla that is so delicious you'll find it hard to stop at just one.
- Make pan de campo. This is a famous, sweet type of bread that is served as a dessert for this occasion.
Celebrate a Chinese New Year with traditional desserts:
National day dessert ideas
- Be ready to explain the desserts if someone doesn't know how it is related to the holiday. This can be a great way to introduce history or stories with children, so that they can relate the food to the reason.
Video: How to Create a Holiday Dessert Buffet
How to Deal With Cold Weather Injuries
How to Make a Shower Caddy Garden
How to Apply for Social Security Survivor Benefits for a Child
13 Celebs Who Just Got Insanely Long HairOvernight
DKNY SpringSummer 2014 RTW – New York Fashion Week
How to Wear Black
Now Playing: Know your spirits: Whisky
You Can Bet Zara Will Knock Off Chloé’s Track Pants ThisSpring
16 Times Celebs Freed The Nipple
How to Train Pugs
What Youll Want to Wear Now