How to make salted cucumbers at home
Outside the window is the season of fruit and vegetables. During this period, the mistresses make a variety of pickles. Some salt the tomatoes, other mushrooms, and the third cabbage. From this variety I like to make salted cucumbers, characterized by a crispy structure and unique taste.
Cucumbers in a lightly salted form - a product prepared by short salting. This is the golden mean between pickles for the winter and fresh. The most popular snack is among Russian, Polish, Ukrainian and Belarusian chefs.
I will share the assembly of recipes that I use annually to prepare crisp treats at home. Additionally, I will reveal a few secrets that will be useful in the preparation of perfect salted cucumbers.
Calorie salted cucumbersVegetable is 95% water and calorie content does not exceed 12 kcal per 100 grams of snack.
Cucumbers in salted form are incredibly useful.They contain a lot of fiber, which helps to accelerate the digestive processes. The product contains natural antioxidants that cleanse the body of free radicals and radioactive elements.
In lightly salted cucumbers there are many useful trace elements involved in the formation of connective and bone tissues that help strengthen the immune system. And if vinegar is used for salting, the product protects the body from pathogenic bacteria, regulates the growth of fatty tissues and normalizes carbohydrate metabolism.
Regular use promotes weight loss, and fresh taste combined with a unique aroma compensates for low nutritional value.
The recipe for quick cooking light-salted cucumber
Let's start with a quick recipe. Many cooks prefer it for simplicity and small time costs. One night is enough to make the gustatory and aromatic qualities of cucumbers peaked.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Dill - 3 sprigs.
- Cherry leaves - 4 pcs.
- Black pepper - 5 peas.
- Laurel - 1 leaf.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Prepare cucumbers in advance.Identical in shape and size, rinse with water and soak for two hours. Next, cut the tips of each vegetable and make several longitudinal cuts. This will speed up the cooking process.
- Take the three-liter pot. First, put the greens on the bottom, add pepper and laurel. Fill the container with cucumbers, add salt. Fill with ice water, and put some green on top of cucumbers.
- Cover and leave overnight. In the morning, remove the container with salted cucumbers in the cold.
According to this recipe salted cucumbers prepare very quickly. And so that the product does not spoil and keep the taste, keep the jars in the refrigerator.
Lightly salted cucumbers with garlic and dill
In the world cuisine, garlic and dill are considered the best ingredients for cooking spicy lightly salted snacks, and if you add a little horseradish and coriander to the brine, you will get a culinary masterpiece. Such an aromatic variety will not leave anyone indifferent.
- Cucumbers - 2 kg.
- Water - 3 liters.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Dill - 2 bunches.
- Garlic - 16 cloves.
- Table horseradish - 2 tablespoons.
- Coriander - 2 teaspoons.
- Fill the cucumbers with ice water and wait a few hours to get a good soak.
- Make a pickle. To do this, mix the water with salt and bring to a boil.
- At the bottom of a clean pan put a few sprigs of dill, a bit of horseradish and chopped garlic. Put the cucumbers on top of the greens. Vegetables cover the remaining herbs and sprinkle with coriander.
- Pour cucumbers with brine. Cover the jars of pickle with a small plate. In a day the product is ready for tasting. Keep pickles in brine in the cold.
Agree, it is hard to believe that with such simple manipulations you can get a wonderful treat, which will be an excellent addition to mashed potatoes or chips, but it really is.
How to make crispy salted cucumbers
If you want guaranteed to get crispy light-salted cucumbers at home, use the following recipe. It is based on the use of mineral water, which provides a pleasant crunch.
- Cucumbers - 1 kg.
- Garlic - 3 cloves.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Mineral with gas - 1 liter.
- Dill and parsley - to taste.
- At the bottom of the clean pan make a pillow of fresh herbs and chopped garlic, top with a row of cucumbers with cut tips. Repeat layers until cucumbers run out. Put the remaining greens on top of the vegetables.
- Dissolve salt in mineral water. With the resulting composition, pour the cucumbers, cover with a lid and send to the refrigerator. In the morning, cucumbers on mineral water will surprise with a pleasant crunch and unique taste.
This is a quick and tasty recipe. He is good and that is suitable for cooking salted cucumbers at any time. Be sure to write in the cookbook.
Hot pickled cucumbers in a can
There are a lot of ways to cook salted cucumbers. At the heart of some is dry salting, while others are built on the use of cold or hot brine. First, let's talk about the hot method, because it is much faster than the cold counterpart.
- Cucumbers - 1 kg.
- Salt - a tablespoon per liter of water.
- Dill - 4 umbrellas.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Currant leaves - 4 pcs.
- Horseradish leaves - 3 pcs.
- Rinse the cucumbers with water, cut off the tips. Wash and dry the greens, peel the garlic and chop it if desired.
- Put a piece of garlic and greens on the bottom of the jar.Fill the container with cucumbers, cover with a layer of the remaining greens.
- Put a pot of water on the stove, pour in salt and boil. Brush the cucumbers with a hot brine. Leave the pickle for a day in the room, then clean it in the cold.
This dish has an unrivaled taste, but if you want to diversify it, add a few sliced apples to the jar. As a result, cucumbers will acquire a sweetish flavor and apple flavor. Even in this recipe you can add a little honey or your favorite spices. These ingredients will not harm.
Lightly salted cucumbers in a package
Skillful housewives make lightly salted cucumbers not only in jars and pots, but also in plastic bags. This technology has many advantages. Among them, simplicity, high cooking speed and excellent results.
- Cucumbers - 1 kg.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Garlic - 1 head.
- Salt - 1 tablespoon.
- Rinse the cucumbers with water and peel. Each cut into four parts to speed up the cooking process. Put the cooked vegetables in a bag.
- Divide the garlic head into slices, peel, cut into plates and send to cucumbers along with a large chopped dill.
- Add salt to the package, shake it and send it to the refrigerator for a day.
Cooked in a package of light-salted cucumbers suitable for any feast. This is a wonderful snack for strong drinks and a good addition to other dishes. Just do not forget to remove the remnants of salt before serving. In a pair with fresh herbs cucumbers will create a wonderful culinary picture.
What is better to cook on water or mineral water?
The classical recipe for the preparation of cucumbers provides for the use of vegetables, salt, dill, garlic and horseradish with the addition of ordinary water. But there are many recipes based on mineral water with gas. I wonder which type provides the best result?
If we talk about the taste of lightly salted cucumbers, it is problematic to notice the difference. At the same time, the soda provides an additional crunch for the finished product, so its use is appropriate if you aspire to get a crunchy delicacy guaranteed.
I reviewed the most popular and delicious step-by-step recipes. In conclusion, I will share simple rules concerning not a specific formula, but the general technology of preparation.Following the recommendations, you will always get an excellent result.
- To prepare snacks, use small, strong, thin-skinned vegetables of the same length and shape. This is the secret of uniform salting. Yellowed cucumbers do not fit.
- When pickling cucumbers absorb liquid, so for cooking take only clean, filtered water. If you want a crunchy snack, mineral water with gas will help in achieving the goal.
- It is recommended to salt cucumbers in glass, ceramic or enamel ware.
- Be sure to soak the cucumbers before cooking. 4 hours - the optimal duration of the water procedure.
- For pickles is suitable rock salt of coarse grinding, which is used for pickling salmon or mackerel. You can not get a high-quality snack with the help of another salt.
- The best lightly salted cucumbers are obtained only in a spicy marinade. I advise you to add to the liquid a little dill, garlic, black pepper peas, laurel or currant leaves.
- When using a hot brine, the dish is ready for the day. In the case of using a cold brine for full cooking takes at least 3 days.
I have repeatedly heard from friends that lightly salted cucumbers for a couple of days turn into a salty product. To prevent this from happening, keep them in the fridge, and in the pickle, as the cucumber is reduced, add fresh vegetables. I hope, thanks to this article, you will soon have a plate with this excellent treat in your fridge. See you!
How to make a needle bed of old lipstick with your own hands
Fragrant Tildo Bear
Pizza with thin dough in a pan
What to do so that the milk does not burn
10 most luxurious films of the last decade