How to sell sunglasses
How to Sell Sunglasses
Sunglasses that are in good condition have a surprising resale value. Whether you have a drawer full of sunglasses you purchased on vacation, or some high end designer shades that you never wear, you might be able to be sell them. By conducting some research, cleaning and repairing the glasses, and creating a compelling online listing, you can successfully earn money selling sunglasses.
Notating Details and Evaluating the Condition
Write down all the details about your sunglasses.In order to sell your sunglasses, you need to have a good sense of what you are selling. Compile as much info as you can about the sunglasses. Look for any labels, read over any paperwork, and do your best to evaluate the glasses objectively.Be sure to include:
- The brand and model.
- The lens shape (such as round, oval, square, oblong, or aviator-style).
- The lens color (such as amber, grey, black, or brightly colored).
- The frame color (red, blue or black) and material (plastic, metal).
- Any other characteristics (such as polarized lenses, UV/UVB protection, embellishments, or if they are vintage).
Evaluate the overall condition of the glasses.Determine which of the following designations to give your glasses. Be honest! If you try to misrepresent the quality of the glasses you will only end up with dissatisfied customers. Here are some guidelines:
- New: A brand-new, unused, unopened item in its original packaging, with all original packaging materials included.
- Used-like new: An item in perfect condition. The original packaging may be missing, but the product is intact and pristine. There are no signs of wear on the item or its packaging.
- Used-very good: A well-cared-for item that has seen a bit of use, but remains in very good condition. The item should be complete, undamaged, and unmarked. It may show some limited wear.
- Used-good: This is an item that shows wear from consistent use, but it should be in good condition and work perfectly. The item may be marked or show other signs of previous use.
- Used-acceptable: This is an item that is fairly worn but continues to work. The item may have aesthetic issues, like scratches or dents.
Measure your sunglasses.Sunglasses measurements are listed in millimeters. Use a flexible tape measure to determine the width of each lens, the width of the bridge connecting the 2 lenses, and the length of 1 arm. Write these measurements down so you don’t forget.
Research similar sunglasses online.Use the information you’ve compiled to search for similar items online. This can help you find the right descriptive terms, decide if your sunglasses are in demand, and help you start thinking about what price you will charge.
Locate anything that came with the glasses.This might include a case, accessories, or even papers of authenticity (for high-end designer brands). Including these items can often get you more money for the glasses.
Cleaning and Tightening Your Glasses
Apply dish soap to the lenses and frames.Wet the glasses under water. Dispense a small amount of dishwashing liquid into your hand, and use your finger to rub it on both sides of the lenses and all along the frame. Rinse the soap off completely.
Air-dry and polish the glasses.Give the glasses 5-10 minutes to air-dry, then use a soft towel to dry the frame. Wipe the both sides of the lenses down with a soft, lint-free cloth. Examine the glasses to make sure they are free from smudges.
Use a small screwdriver to tighten down the arms.If either of the arms feel loose, use a tiny screwdriver to gently tighten the screws until they are just snug. Be careful not to over-tighten the screws, as this can actually damage the sunglasses.
- You can purchase an eye glasses repair kit for most pharmacies or online.
Posting Your Sunglasses Online
Select a venue for selling your sunglasses.You have 2 broad choices for selling sunglasses: you can sell them online or you can visit a local pawnshop. If you choose to sell your glasses online, you might use a platform like eBay, Shopify, or Ecwid.
Photograph the sunglasses.Online posts require photographs. Ensure that your glasses are clean and free from smudges. Choose a location with even lighting and no dark shadows. Take images from all sides of the sunglasses. Plan to include at least 4 images in your post.
- Make sure to show any scratches or flaws.
- Include a photo of any included accessories (such as a case).
- Take close-up photos of any logos or distinguishing characteristics.
Write a description for your sunglasses.Create a paragraph-length description that contains all the information you have about your glasses. Use some adjectives that describe the style of glasses, such as classic, bold, colorful, or tasteful.Remember to include:
- Brand and model
- Lens shape and color
- Frame color
- Any other distinguishing characteristics
- Any items that are included (case, accessories, papers)
- Overall condition, including scratches or dents
Create a descriptive title.Pull out 2-3 important characteristics from your description and use them to craft a title for your listing.Some examples include:
- Vintage Gucci Sunglasses with Amber Lenses
- Shiny Silver Aviator Sunglasses
- Classic Ray-Ban Sunglasses with Gradient Lenses
Set your price.Based on 2 factors--the prices of similar items you’ve found online and the overall quality of the sunglasses--select the price you will charge for each pair of sunglasses. Determine what it would cost for you to ship the glasses, and set a shipping price.
- Remember to calculate different prices for domestic and international shipping.
Upload the photos and publish the listing.On the e-commerce website of your choice, create 1 listing for each pair of sunglasses. Type out your description and ensure that it is free from typos. Upload 4 or more photos. Include the product price and shipping price.
- If you use eBay, you’ll also need to choose between selling your item via auction or fixed-price sale.
Video: Sunglass Hut Sales Presentation 1.mov
MORE: How To Avoid Buyer’s Remorse: A Complete Guide for Fashion Lovers
31 Foods Youre Eating That Contain Sawdust
Racer Revival: Porsche 962 Unleashed At Rennsport Reunion
2 Products, 2 Minutes: How to Get a Quick SmokyEye
Nike Breaking2 attempt to race two-hour marathon will happen in 2019
Using Biofeedback to Improve Your Health
How to Travel Without Stress
How to Help a Child With Attention Deficit Disorder Organize Schoolwork
The Complete A-Z Of Men’s SS17 Trends
The Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Fitness-fanatic Girlfriend or Wife
When is chemotherapy used to treat metastatic breast cancers