How to survive the crisis of middle age without fatal losses
The middle age crisis is one of the varieties of spiritual crisis that comes at the age of social and physical maturity. In its manifestations, it is similar to the crisis of the meaning of life. The difference is age characteristic. Above the meaning of existence is reflected in any period of life.
What is a crisis
This is a state where previously acquired life strategies and patterns of behavior, as well as ideological principles, lose their relevance and stop working. Attempts to live in the old way are doomed, and only exacerbate its manifestations.
Who is subject to the midlife crisis
More often, they are quite successful, wealthy people of both sexes. They achieved high status in social and personal life. They coped well with the provision of the family and raised offspring. Characterized by a well-established life, a constant area of activity and interests.
Symptoms of a midlife crisis
The growing feeling of joylessness, apathy or depression and even depression. All previous life, with its achievements - loses its value. It seems to a person that he is a robot and did not live for himself, slavishly performing duties in relation to others. Habitual environment and work, cause boredom and irritation. The working capacity is reduced, the general condition suffers, sleep is disturbed. Psychosomatic disorders (pain in different parts of the body, malaise) and neurotic manifestations may occur. They are associated with attempts to force themselves to return to their former life.
What causes these symptoms?
1. Hormonal changes in the body entering the final phase of existence. This is often accompanied by increased libido (attraction to the opposite sex). The desire to feel young.
2. Completion of the biological human program. Children grow up and become independent. Parents who are excessively fixed on the life of offspring, after their distance, experience a feeling of emptiness and uselessness.
3. Sufficiently high incomes leave a lot of free time, relieves the voltage of the biovascular system.Not everyone is able to fill the vacant space, because accustomed to live intensely and fight for existence.
4. Reduction or absence of the sexual component with the usual marriage partner.
5. The predominance of economic relationships, over mental relationships, in the family and close human environment.
Typical mistakes made by people experiencing such a crisis.
1. Trying to change everything. The most radical decisions are related to selling a business, going to other places, breaking off relations with family and friends. They are perceived as fetters that interfere with a happy life. As a result, loss of status and financial problems.
2. Creating new families with young partners. Many see in such a relationship the return of meaning, the spirit of youth. The cycle is repeated and the person falls into the same dependencies as before, but with other characters. At the moment of love and strength, for a while comes a sense of well-being. But the consequences are dire. Short-term rise, followed by a decline. The usual, stable and reliable previous relationships have been destroyed. And new connections turn out to be more painful and difficult.The difference in age, turns into a difference of interests and needs. The feeling of age is aggravated, jealousy and discontent are growing.
3. Abuse of alcohol or other psychoactive substances. The euphoria and unconventional behavior associated with them creates the illusion of joy and fun. However, this short-term excitement turns into severe depressions, loss of authority, loss of health.
How to survive a midlife crisis without loss
1. To know and understand that this is an age process associated with emotional and physiological restructuring of the body.
2. With increasing symptoms, take a vacation and go to quiet corners of nature (fishing, hunting) or another long voyage (to the yogis to Tibet).
3. To leave from old stereotypes of behavior, and to get new spiritual needs. Engage in personal growth, attend training, get new knowledge.
4. In the event of falling in love, be sensible of its manifestations, and do not behave like a “rabid elephant” destroying everything around. You can get all the sensations, without warning and traumatizing loved ones. Knowing for certain that they are finite.
5.Any spiritual practices, especially qigong, wushu, yoga and others, are beneficial.
Advice to relatives of a person undergoing a crisis.
1. Great patience and understanding, despite the unpleasant and frightening manifestations.
2. To consider such a condition as temporary and painful.
3. Attend therapeutic support groups.
4. Search for new points of contact, arouse new interest, support spiritual searches.
5. Do not make hasty, emotionally conditioned actions leading to the destruction of family and life.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the crisis is a kind of painful condition. And like any other condition, it ends with healing. The difficult period passes, and ends with a sense of maturity and peace. New spiritual interests prevail over carnal needs, and life again acquires meaning. It turns out that no one is to blame for anything, and the death of the old ego gives rise to new sensations of happiness and well-being. Only their source changes - it is enclosed within every human being. The great truth is revealed - joy in the very living of life. After all, she is so short.
How to become a ninja
Donuts with sugar and cinnamon
How to distinguish fake cosmetics
What happens if 10 fun physical experiments: video
Terms for the trading platform
How to get out of a love triangle