5 Ways To Contact The Dead With Common Household Objects
How to Talk to Spirits
Whether you’re trying to contact a particular spirit or just want to speak to the spirit world, you can contact spirits using a dowsing pendulum or a Ouija Board as long as you’re patient, keep an open mind, and follow the safe and correct steps to do so.
Beginning Your Session
Protect yourself psychically.If you try to contact the spirit world, you may come in contact with malevolent entities. Therefore, it’s important to strengthen your mind against negative energies before attempting to talk to spirits. For example:
- Offer a prayer to the universe. While praying, ask for protection against malevolent spirits.
- Visualize yourself as a column of white light that spreads throughout the room. This visualization will dissuade negative entities.
- Mentally express an interest in communicating with positive spirits to draw them to you.
Find a charm.If you’re trying to contact a particular spirit, such as a deceased loved one, you will need a charm to draw them to you. A charm can be anything that the spirit owned while they were alive. Choose an item that held a lot of meaning for that person. Examples of meaningful items include:
- Notebooks or journals
- A beloved book
Avoid using alcohol or drugs.Alcohol and drugs affect your judgement and can make you more vulnerable to negative spirits. Additionally, some people believe that being intoxicated can attract harmful entities.
- If any of your friends are under the influence of alcohol or drugs, don’t let them participate in the session.
Burn sage incense.Sage is an herb that is known for its aura cleansing properties. If you’re worried about the presence of malevolent spirits, burn some sage incense before contacting the spirit world. The sage will remove negative energies from the room and dissuade any unwanted visitors.
- Sage incense can be bought online or at specialty herbal supply stores.
Method 1 Quiz
Why should you burn sage before contacting spirits?
Using a Dowsing Pendulum
Purchase or create a dowsing crystal.A dowsing crystal is a crystal that’s hanging on the end of a string or chain. You should feel a sense of attachment to the crystal when you hold it.This indicates that your energy is in tune with the crystal. To find a good dowsing crystal:
- Visit a specialty herb shop and pick out a crystal. Hold each one to find one that “speaks” to you.
- Use a crystal necklace that was owned by a deceased loved one.
- Tie a piece of string around a crystal that you have owned for years.
Dangle the crystal over a flat surface.Hold the end of the chain in your dominant hand. Next, dangle the crystal over a hard surface, such as a table or the floor. The crystal should be near the surface, but not touching it.
- Some people prefer to dangle the crystal over a circle drawn on a piece of paper. This can help you track the movements of the crystal.
Determine “yes” and “no” answers.Gently swing the crystal once or twice. Holding your hand steady, ask the spirits to show you a “yes” answer. Make a note of the pattern that the crystal follows. Once the crystal is still, repeat the process, asking for a “no” answer.
- This pattern may change from session to session.
Begin asking questions.Ask yes or no questions and take note of the answers. For example, if you’re trying to contact a particular spirit, you might ask: “Is your name Sandra Burdoch?” The spirit will then direct the crystal in a yes or no formation.
- Take any messages received with a grain of salt. Some spirits may try to trick you or they may even be confused.
- Be polite when talking with spirits and treat them with respect.
End the session.Thank the spirit for speaking with you. Politely ask them to return to the spirit world. Next, set the crystal down. Center yourself in the present by eating some food or having a cup of tea.
- If you feel a presence lingering after you’ve ended the session, burn some sage incense to cleanse the room.
Method 2 Quiz
Why should you store the planchette and the Ouija board separately?
Using a Ouija Board
Purchase or make a Ouija board.Ouija boards can be bought online or from specialized novelty shops. Occasionally, rare and ornate Ouija boards can be found at estate sales or antique shops. To make your own Ouija board, write the alphabet, the numbers 1-9, “yes,” “no,” and “goodbye” on a large sheet of paper. Next, purchase a planchette or make your own.
- The term planchette refers to the small wooden arrow used to navigate the Ouija board.
- Planchettes can be purchased online or from specialized novelty shops.
Gather a few friends.Never use a Ouija board alone. Instead, gather one or two friends to use the board with you.The presence of others will repel any cowardly malevolent spirits and bolster your courage.
- Make sure your friends will take the process seriously. If they show a lack of respect, it could have bad consequences.
Set up the Ouija board.Lay the board on a table or other flat surface. Next, place the planchette on top of the board. Ask your friends to sit around the table and lightly place their index and middle fingers on the planchette.
- Relax your arms and fingers while touching the planchette. Otherwise, you may unconsciously move the planchette around on your own.
Summon a spirit.Choose one person to be the medium, or the person who communicates with the spirit. Next, the medium should politely ask a spirit to visit. Wait patiently for the planchette to move. Once it starts moving independently, a spirit has appeared.
- This process can take several minutes.
Ask the spirit questions.Once the spirit appears, the medium can begin asking questions. If you ask yes or no questions, the planchette will hover over the “yes” or “no” words on the board. If you ask more complex questions, the spirit may spell out words or even sentences. Consider asking questions such as:
- ”What’s your name?”
- ”Are you a ghost?”
- ”Do you have a message for us?”
Learn to recognize bad spirits.If the planchette moves randomly across the board without giving any clear answers, the spirit is not interested in helping you. If the planchette moves in a figure eight, the spirit is attempting to take control of the board. End the session immediately.
- If you begin to feel a lot of fear, end the session. Fear can invite negative spirits into the Ouija board.
Close the connection.Guide the planchette over the word “goodbye” on the board. This will close the Ouija board’s connection to the spirit world. Once the session has ended, wrap the planchette in a piece of cloth and store it separately from the board.
- If you store the planchette and the board together, you risk unintentionally inviting spirits into your home.
Method 3 Quiz
What could indicate a connection with a bad spirit?
QuestionCan dogs see spirits?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome people believe that dogs can see spirits. This is impossible to prove. However, if your dog avoids a certain part of the house, you may be living with a spirit.Thanks!
QuestionShould I call spirits at night or during the day?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou can call them at any time. However, it's best to call them during the day because you will be less afraid. Fear can invite negative energy.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I know there's a spirit nearby?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerHave a dog. Dogs can sense spirits because of the higher frequency of sound that the spirit gives off.Thanks!
QuestionI want to talk with my mom. What can I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerHave a "charm" nearby when contacting the spirit world. A charm is anything that was meaningful to her. For example, if she had a favorite necklace, that would be a great charm. The charm will draw her spirit to you.Thanks!
QuestionHow much time does it take for a spirit to come to me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt can take several minutes for a spirit to appear.Thanks!
QuestionWhat will a ghost do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThey may try to contact you through the pendulum or the Ouija board. Some people believe that ghosts can also blow out candles and break windows.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I make a Ouija board?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerGet something that you can write on, such as a sheet of paper, cardboard, or wood. Write the alphabet in the middle, and the numbers 0 to 9 just below that. Write "YES" in one corner, and "NO" in the other. At the bottom, write "GOODBYE." Lastly, make a planchette by gutting a triangle out of cardboard; if you want, you can cut a hole near the top point.Thanks!
QuestionHow do you end a session safely?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOne reliable way is to say goodbye and then check it after few seconds if the entity is still present.Thanks!
QuestionIs there a mantra or something that must be spoken?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerSome people believe that you should fall into a trance when you use a Ouija board. If so, chanting a mantra will help you fall into a trance. The mantra can be anything you like. For example, you could repeat the name of the spirit you want to draw to you.Thanks!
QuestionCan bunnies or guinea pigs sense spirits?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt's possible. It's also possible your pet may sense that you are feeling or acting tense and begin acting strangely in response to that.Thanks!
How do I know when a spirit is present with my pendulum and it's not just my hand shaking?
- Many psychics discourage the use of Ouija boards as they can invite negative spirits into your home.
- Neverbe alone while using the Ouija Board. This will cause you to be put into danger because you need other people to help you out.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia:
Video: How to Talk to Spirits
Crockett Jones Footwear: SS14 Collection
Normal Human Anne Hathaway Can’t Fit Into Her Shorts Either (It Happens, People)
What the least socially progressive countries have in common
Gorgeous and Less Toxic from Head to Toe In Hindi
How to Choose a Hairstyle for Spring
The Best Valentine’s Day Gifts for Your Fitness-fanatic Girlfriend or Wife
How to Let Your Feelings Show
Prom Hairstyles Perfect For Anyone With ThinHair
How to Roast Acorn Squash
Whole Grain Penne Pasta with Greens Beans
How to Deal with Annoying People
How to Build a Whelping Box
Are You Red-Faced Over Rosacea