Kitesurfing is a beautiful sport for strong people.
If you like interesting and extreme sports, then you will definitely be interested in kitesurfing. How to start doing it? And what is needed for this?
What is this sport?
Kitesurfing is a sport based on the movement of the waves under the action of traction force, which is developed with the help of a kite held by an athlete. The name translates literally as "riding on a surface with a kite."
This sport has appeared relatively recently, although devices similar to modern kites have been used previously. So, in the XIX century, George Pocock used such devices on sea vessels. He did this in order to obtain additional energy and reduce the amount of the “horsepower” tax that was introduced at that time.
But in 1903, aviation pioneer Samuel Cody designed a kite that could safely bear a man’s weight. On it, he crossed the English Channel in a small boat.And in the late 70s of the last century, Danima and Kevlar improved the control system of the device using slings and were able to reach speeds of up to 40 km / h. Further development continued in different countries, and at the end of the last century, the kite acquired a look similar to the modern one. The slide was carried out on skis or on a board.
In addition to kitesurfing, there are some other similar varieties: snowkiting (riding on snow) and kitebugging (riding with a kite on three-wheeled carts).
There are several styles of skiing:
- Freeride is free skiing without any restrictions and only for the sake of pleasure. This style is more suitable for beginners kitesurfers.
- Freestyle involves performing various tricks, for example, complex and sharp turns, as well as jumps and somersaults in the air. If you have fully mastered the freeride, then, in principle, you can move on to freestyle.
- Racing is almost a professional sport, implying the passage of certain distances at a time or competition with other kitesurfers.
How to learn?
How to learn to slide on the waterrushing for a kite? Immediately it should be noted that mastering kitesurfing on your own will definitely not work out, because this sport, firstly, has a number of subtleties and features, and secondly, is associated with certain risks.
So, an experienced trainer should conduct classes, which will allow not only to get basic skills, but also to correct mistakes, as well as reduce the likelihood of unpleasant consequences.
Today, kite surfing schools exist in many cities where there are reservoirs. In addition, some coaches recruit teams for field training in other places. But in this case, the course is likely to be short, so this option is not suitable for beginners.
Training may include different lessons depending on the level of training. The program usually consists of such skills as mastering the take-off and landing of the kite, its launch from the water surface, the correct and effective use of the control bar, the use of slings and the security system. Also in some schools they help people learn to perform various tricks.
Place to ride
Where is the best exercise? The ideal place would be any open rather large reservoir,and preferably without a strong current (it can interfere with the movement in the wind and lead to a fall) and with a clean coastline, near which there are no trees and power lines.
In addition, it is advisable to find a not too deep area (the optimum depth is along the chest), this will reduce the risk of an unfavorable outcome. A lake, a pond or a piece of land in the ocean, the sea or the nearest reservoir may be suitable.
It would seem that having wind is enough to start a workout. But in fact, its direction is important, as well as its strength. The wind directed at an angle to the coast and having a speed of no higher than 6-8 meters per second will be ideal.
At higher speeds, there is a risk of losing control and falling. When the wind blows from the coast, you can move away from it (and this is dangerous if you are engaged in the sea or in the ocean). If the air flow is directed perpendicularly, then the probability of being carried to the beach increases.
What will be needed for training?
What is needed for safe, effective and comfortable workouts?
- Kite (serpent). Today there are two types: parafoil and the so-called “balonnik” (inflatable kite).The first has a single frame made of thick fabric and is more maneuverable, but requires the presence of wind of a certain force. "Balonnik" is filled with air, so it can run without wind. But the aerodynamic characteristics of such a kite are much worse. As for the size, the larger it is, the higher the power will be. A beginner is better to choose a small kite with an area of 0.5-1 m2.
- Slings. They can have different lengths, and the larger it is, the higher the kite will fly, and the faster the kitesurfer will be. The number of lines depends on the area of the snake.
- The control bar is attached to the slings and is used to control the kite.
- Trapeze is used to connect the kitesurfer with the control bar. It can be lap or have loops for legs.
- A kiteboard is a board. Its size is determined by the level of training of the athlete and the conditions of riding. The form may be different and is selected based on the style of riding.
- Wetsuit is needed if you plan to ride in cold water.
- The helmet is useful for protecting the head from shock.
- Knife emergency cutting lines.
- Life vest.
- Lish is used to attach the kite to the foot.But since this device increases the risk of injury, many refuse it.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other sport, kitesurfing has its own characteristics.
Here are its main advantages:
- It is very interesting! You can get a lot of bright emotions and experience a surge of adrenaline.
- This is useful. Balancing on the board is not so easy, so kite surfing helps develop agility, improve coordination, learn to control your body and feel it.
- Gliding on the board and maintaining balance is quite a serious load, so that during workouts, calories are actively burned. And this means that you can get rid of extra pounds.
Disadvantages of kitesurfing:
- This is a pretty dangerous sport. The risk of injury is high, and it can be both bruises and more serious injuries. And if you neglect the safety rules, you can drown.
- It's very expensive. Yes, the equipment is not cheap, so you have to spend a certain amount.
- It’s not so easy to find a place suitable for training, especially if there are no reservoirs in your city.
- You can not always do, because the weather should be good.In addition, a certain wind direction is required.
Rules that will make training as safe as possible:
- Do not ride in bad weather.
- Regularly assess the status of equipment, use only good equipment.
- It is advisable not to engage alone.
- Do not ride in a bad mood or in a painful state.
Magnificent charlotte in the oven - 6 of the most delicious recipes with and without apples
Do not try to repeat: beauty hacks that do not work
Choosing together the right business suit (11 photos)
Characteristics of men and women of Libra in the year of the Tiger
Warm Chicken Stomach Salad