Recipe for pickled cabbage for the winter in cans without sterilization
How nice in the cold winter before dinner suddenly to remember that in the cellar there is a treasured jar of pickled cabbage! After all, such an uncomplicated dish can brighten up not only the everyday dinner, but it will also look decent on the festive table. And is it any wonder that cabbage was one of the most popular dishes from our distant ancestors.
Even if you have never made any billets for the winter, thinking that it is too difficult, pickled cabbage is just the place to start. First, it is very cheap - after all cabbage and seasonings cost a penny. Secondly, you can store such a salad in different ways:
- make a small portion and eat it immediately after cooking
- pickle in a large container and store the salad in a cool place for a while
- roll up in banks and know that you always have something to give to unexpected guests
Marinating differs from pickling in that vinegar is present in brine; it gives a preservative effect. Also, pickled products are ready to eat much earlier than with natural ripening.
The recipe for pickled cabbage for the winter without sterilization
- cabbage - 3 kg
- medium volume carrots - 5 pcs
- medium bulbs - 1 pc
- salt - 2 tbsp. l.
- vinegar 9% concentration - 150 g
- black and allspice peas, bay leaf
- Wash cabbage, separate the top leaves, cut into thin strips
- Carrots to peel, grate on a coarse grater
- Peel the onions, chop, mix with cabbage and carrots
- Prepare a large container, put seasonings on the bottom, then vegetables
- Pour all boiling water, let stand for 10 minutes and drain
- Prepare the pickle: Pour the vinegar in 2 liters of water, throw in the bay leaves, add salt, bring to a boil.
- If you are going to roll up the jars for the winter, arrange the salad in prepared cans and pour in the brine. If you plan to store in the same container, then pour the pickle directly there.
- Preserve the jars, wrap them with a warm cloth.After a day, the salad will be ready to eat. You can use it as a ready dish, but you can make from pickled cabbage only a part of another salad, for example, vinaigrette. Surely you have met salad recipes, which also uses already prepared pickled cabbage.
- Before serving, pour the salad with unrefined vegetable oil, add greens - dill, parsley, green onions.
After the first successful experience of pickling, you can proceed to the experiments - add sweet pepper or an apple to the salad. Using a similar recipe, you can prepare cabbage with beets, cut into pieces. If you like cauliflower, then you can also prepare it using this recipe.
Naughty curtain for giving and home
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt divorce before the end of the month
How to store shoes: 7 ways
15 amusing photos proving that the collective farm is indestructible
How to prevent avitaminosis in the spring
Mosaic in the interior of the kitchen: ideas for inspiration
Causes of acne in the tongue