10 of the world's most dangerous snakes
Many are afraid of snakes, and not in vain, because they can kill a man! But some of them are so dangerous that they should beware of everything!
Top 10 most dangerous snakes in the world:
- Tiger snake(she got this name for her color) lives in Australia, New Guinea and Tasmania and has a rather calm disposition. It will not be the first to attack, but if it is disturbed, it will certainly bite and “treat” with a dose of deadly poison. After such an attack, tingling, sweating and so on occur. And since the snake's saliva contains neurotoxins, the bite provokes internal bleeding, muscle paralysis and suffocation. And death can come in a few hours, but if the bites were numerous, then a person can die after only a few minutes. Mortality due to the defeat of the poison is about 70%, but there is an antidote, so there is still a chance to survive, if you ask for help on time.
- Rattlesnakeis one of the most poisonous, dangerous and scary. It lives in North America, and its distinguishing feature is the presence of a rattle at the tip of the tail - a similarity to a rattle.With the help of such a device, this creature scares off enemies and warns about its attack. The rattlesnake feeds mainly on small rodents, but often attacks larger creatures, especially if it is in danger. The poison is injected into the body of the victim through sharp teeth. Young mature individuals are especially dangerous, as they are aggressive and do not know how to control the amount of saliva secreted after an attack. The poison has a hematotoxic effect, that is, it affects the blood and interferes with its normal clotting, which causes abundant internal bleeding. Bites almost always leave scars and scars, especially if you do not process them on time. The antidote exists, but it must be administered as soon as possible.
- Viper. This snake is not included in the list of the largest, but it is extremely poisonous. It is noteworthy that it is found in almost all corners of the planet, including in European countries. These reptiles live mainly in the forests, hiding in the roots or fallen leaves of trees. The most dangerous species is the so-called sand ef. For example, in Africa, a huge number of people died from the bites of this snake.Vipers feed on small rodents, but since they are almost invisible on the ground and in the sand, they attack people who accidentally step on these snakes. The bite is quite painful, after it symptoms such as weakness, nausea, dizziness, bleeding from the nose and gums, swelling of the affected area occur. Death, as a rule, is not instantaneous, the poison acts slowly, which allows to increase the chances of salvation provided timely assistance.
- Philippine cobraas the name implies, it inhabits mainly the Philippine Islands, most often in the jungle or fields. In general, cobra are not considered the most poisonous, but this species is an exception. The dimensions are small, the length of the body is no more than one meter. But the strength of this reptile lies not in this, but in the fact that it practically shoots its poison, and at distances of up to three meters! So even if it does not bite, then if a drop of saliva hits the damaged skin, symptoms of poisoning can begin, which manifest as vomiting or nausea, headaches and dizziness, as well as seizures. Further, due to the neurotoxic effects, paralysis of the nervous and respiratory systems occurs, which causes death after some time (if you do not enter the dose of the antidote).A person can die in just half an hour.
- Malay Blue Krayt. This snake lives in Southeast Asia, as well as in Malaysia, and in the Krayt family the blue Malay is the most dangerous and poisonous, since about half of the victims die after bites, even after the introduction of the antidote. The poison is 16 times stronger than that of a cobra, death after it enters the body usually occurs after a few hours. The length of the body of an adult snake reaches two meters, so that it can be called one of the largest. It is easy to learn such a reptile, because it has a memorable appearance, the main feature of which is transverse blue stripes on a blue background. Blue Krayts are nocturnal and become the most aggressive at this particular time of day, so caution should be exercised.
- Eastern brown snakelives in New Guinea, Australia and Indonesia. It is extremely dangerous, aggressive and uneasy, as it is quickly excited, almost immediately attacks and can pursue its victim for a long time, regularly biting it until the moment when death occurs.In most cases, such reptiles react to movements, so if you have to meet with a member of this family, try to stand still and not move, probably the eastern brown snake will not notice you. The poison is extremely dangerous, but such a reptile does not always inject it. If the victim is small, then it can use another way to destroy it - asphyxiation.
- TaipanIs one of the most poisonous land snakes. It moves very fast and uses the strongest neurotoxic poison that can cause paralysis as well as blood clotting to destroy the victims. The antidote, introduced on time, increases the chances of survival by almost one hundred percent. But while he was not invented, after a bite of taipan, almost no one survived. The maximum amount of poison released by this snake was as much as 110 milligrams, that is, almost half a glass! And this amount is enough to kill 250 thousand mice or 80-100 adults. Fortunately, the Taipans are hiding, so it's almost impossible to meet them. And they are not very aggressive and only attack in extreme cases.
- Black Mamba- this is not only one of the most venomous snakes, but also the fastest, because it can reach speeds of up to 20 kilometers per hour! She is able to inflict more than 10 bites in a row, and only one is enough to kill an adult. The poison has a neurotoxic effect and causes death in about 15-60 minutes (sometimes after three hours). If there was no effective antidote, then the death rate would be 100%, that is, it is impossible to survive without timely help. Symptoms of a bite are abdominal pain, vomiting and nausea, difficulty breathing. Then there is a complete cessation of breathing, the victim falls into a coma and dies after a while.
- Belcher's Sea Snakelives in the seas and oceans and is also considered one of the most poisonous. But it attacks people extremely rarely, preferring to them the inhabitants of the depths of the sea. Usually cases of bites were recorded among sailors who accidentally caught such reptile nets along with fish. This snake is sometimes called striped for the appropriate color, well visible even in the photo, but it was officially given to the researcher Edward Belcher, who discovered and studied it.By the way, just one milligram of poison is enough to kill 1000 people, so it can be safely called the most toxic and deadly in the world!
- Australian Spintailwhich got its name for the spike on the tail, lives in Australia and New Guinea. It is noteworthy that spiketails can even hunt their relatives, that is, other snakes, and they usually attack from ambush, and the throw can make in just 0.1 seconds. For one bite, such a reptile can inject about 40-100 grams of poison, and it has a neurotoxic effect, therefore, after about 4-6 hours it causes paralysis and subsequent death. But, fortunately, there is an antidote, and it works effectively. And without it, the mortality rate is about 50%.
How to prevent avitaminosis in the spring
How can you reduce sugar at home
Clothing for newborns
A creative approach to the formation of fruit trees and shrubs
Kitesurfing is a beautiful sport for strong people