The main symptoms of hemorrhoids in men
Some believe that hemorrhoids can occur exclusively in women, but it is not. Often this disease affects both men, and it is no less unpleasant. But it can and should be treated, although it is first necessary to find out the characteristic features.
What is this disease?
Hemorrhoids are a disease characterized by an expansion of the veins in the lower part of the rectum. Such extensions are then transformed into whole nodes, called hemorrhoidal ones. In severe cases, they can fall out and bleed, causing discomfort and sometimes pain.
According to statistics, about 15% of the entire population of the earth suffers from hemorrhoids, and women are much more likely to encounter it, which is connected with the peculiarities of their lifestyle and the structure of internal organs. But men can develop a disease. The risk of hemorrhoids increases with age and increases after 40-45 years.
Why can a man have hemorrhoids?
The main causes of hemorrhoids in men:
- Heavy physical labor or heavy loads. Often the disease is diagnosed in men, performing difficult hard work or professionally involved in sports. The veins are filled with blood and expand, gradually go into this state and form hemorrhoids.
- Overweight. It is proved that fat men are more often affected by this delicate and unpleasant disease, which is associated with the increased stress that the veins experience almost every day.
- Sedentary or sedentary lifestyle. Hemorrhoids often occur in office workers, truckers and other professions, suggesting the need to sit for a long time. And this is due to the stagnation of blood that occurs in the pelvic organs due to the lack of movement.
- Digestive disorders, in particular, constipation. With this problem, every act of defecation is accompanied by considerable effort, strong tension, and this can provoke an expansion of the veins of the rectum.
- Incorrect food. First of all, it refers to food that provokes constipation, for example, to flour. But excessive consumption of acute can provoke a rush of blood to the organs of the small pelvis and the subsequent dilation of the veins.
- Alcohol abuse.It would seem that the influence of alcoholic beverages can have on the condition and functioning of the veins? The most immediate. Scientists managed to establish that alcohol, especially strong, causes a rush of blood in the veins located in the pelvic organs. Being filled, they begin to gradually stretch and expand.
- Chronic diseases of the respiratory system, accompanied by a strong and frequent cough. This symptom leads to an overstrain not only of the abdominal muscles, but also of the pelvic veins, and this, unfortunately, can also lead to the development of hemorrhoids.
- Hereditary predisposition is also an important factor: the disease often develops among members of the same family or immediate relatives.
The main symptoms of hemorrhoids in men:
- In the early stages of the development of the disease symptoms can be practically absent. At this stage, only sometimes there is discomfort in the anus: a kind of distention, tension, a feeling of fullness in the rectum or a foreign object in it.
- The first obvious manifestations that occur usually in the case when veins have already been significantly expanded are the formation of hemorrhoids.At first, they are located inside the rectum and are only detected during examination by palpation. But then they can go beyond the intestines, fall out. And then you can see them with the naked eye. They look like burgundy or dark red bumps.
- When hemorrhoids are greatly enlarged, they can almost block the anus, which will create difficulties with bowel movements. Often hemorrhoids are accompanied by constipation, discomfort or pain when going to the toilet.
- Quite often, when the disease under consideration, anal fissures form. You can suspect them for pain during stool. And on underwear or toilet paper can be noticeable traces of blood.
- In the final stages of development, bleeding can begin, with severe bleeding.
How to treat?
Hemorrhoid treatment will be successful if it is started at an early stage of the disease. And therefore, as soon as you notice the first alarming symptoms, immediately go to the proctologist. Yes, the problem is delicate, and talking about it is unpleasant. But the doctor will keep your secret and help solve the problem by prescribing a suitable therapy.All treatments can be divided into several groups.
In the early stages of hemorrhoid development, conservative treatment is used, and local remedies are most often prescribed in the form of rectal suppositories or gels, ointments and creams.
They affect in several directions at once: they eliminate pain and unpleasant sensations, reduce the swelling of tissues, prevent the formation of blood clots, stop inflammatory processes, accelerate tissue regeneration during cracks and increase the tone of the veins, preventing their further expansion. In pharmacies, you can purchase products such as Relief, Prokto-Glevenol, Proktozan, Natalsid, Gepatrombin G and others.
Drugs for oral administration are extremely rare. For example, for constipation, a doctor may recommend a laxative. And for severe pain, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, such as Nurofen, are recommended.
Correction of nutrition and lifestyle
In order to consolidate the results and avoid the next exacerbation, one should fundamentally review their diet and lifestyle in general.
A few tips for those who want to forget about hemorrhoids forever:
- Follow the simple rules of personal hygiene. After defecation, it is advisable to wash. And although many men ignore this procedure and consider it optional, it will avoid a lot of problems. And for washing it is advisable to use cool water, it will narrow the veins and help to avoid their expansion.
- Try to keep active and move more. If during working hours you sit a lot, then every few hours, get up and walk or do exercises.
- Avoid heavy loads. If this is unavoidable, then use devices that will reduce the load, for example, belts or bandages.
- Reconsider the nutrition. Reduce the use of flour and spicy, include in your menu as much as possible products containing fiber (it normalizes digestion and stimulates the motility of the intestinal walls, thereby relieving constipation). These include bran, cereals, fruits, vegetables, berries.
- Refuse bad habits, especially from the abuse of strong spirits.
You can use folk remedies at home, but it is advisable to consult with your doctor before using them, as some recipes may not be suitable for you or even harm.
The following tools are very popular:
- Raw Potatoes Rub it, put it in gauze or cloth, form a kind of candle and place it in the anus at night.
- Do baths or compresses with decoctions of chamomile, coltsfoot, calendula, oak bark, plantain.
- A cotton swab dipped in sea buckthorn oil or in raw carrot juice can be placed in the rectum.
Surgical treatment is a radical method, and it is indicated only with the formation of large nodes that overlap the anus and fall out. The operation consists in their removal of such formations, as well as damaged areas of the veins. The intervention is carried out in different ways, among them there are minimally invasive and minimally invasive.
How to avoid hemorrhoids?
As you know, the most effective way to combat any disease is prevention. And to prevent the development of hemorrhoids, just follow these simple rules:
- Do not overstrain.
- Follow the rules of personal hygiene.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and eat right and balanced.
- Do not allow prolonged constipation.
- Move as much as possible.
Hemorrhoids in men - not a sentence, if you start to act on time.
DIY hand-made tulip paper
Wardrobe closet to order - harmony and comfort in your home
New Year's costume for a child
Realistic art pugs from nylon pantyhose
Saloni Ceramica: the best collections of ceramic tiles from Spanish designers