The secrets of making rye bread
As you know, bread is everything to the head. And if earlier the store bread was fragrant, healthy and tasty, today it is not at all like that. And that's why many refuse it and choose homemade bread. And rye is especially useful. But how to cook it?
The composition of rye bread includes the mass of nutrients: dietary fiber, essential amino acids, potassium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, iron, calcium, vitamins of group B, PP, A, E, and so on. And all this makes such a product very, very useful.
Useful properties of rye bread:
- Due to the high content of coarse dietary fibers, bread stimulates intestinal peristalsis, thereby normalizing digestion, and also removes slags and toxins from the body.
- Potassium is beneficial for the cardiovascular system, as it strengthens the heart muscle.
- Magnesium, which is also included in the composition, is necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and muscles. In addition, he takes part in a variety of metabolic processes.
- Zinc contained in rye bread has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effects that can fight infections.
- B vitamins are necessary for the normalization of metabolism, as well as for the regeneration and preservation of the integrity of cells and tissues.
- Vitamin E, which is also present in the composition, is responsible for the normal condition of the skin, nails and mucous membranes. That is why rye bread is especially useful for women.
- This product is useful for diabetics, because it does not increase the level of glucose in the blood. The fact is that bread contains complex carbohydrates, which are gradually released and spent on energy production.
- Since it contains iron, it is recommended to use the product for prophylaxis and in the treatment of anemia.
- The composition of rye bread includes substances that neutralize the activity of free radicals and protect against the development of cancer.
- This product is also useful for weight loss, because its caloric content is only 170-200 calories per 100 grams, and this is very small compared to, for example, white bread or even more loaf.
Can everyone eat it?
Rye bread is contraindicated for duodenal ulcer or stomach,with gastritis with high acidity, as well as with some other diseases of the digestive tract. The fact is that this product may increase the acidity of gastric juice and cause fermentation, which will provoke increased gas formation.
How to cook?
How to cook tasty and fragrant rye bread at home? There are several important points that will make a truly appetizing and healthy bread.
The main ingredient of rye bread is, of course, rye flour. It is coarser and darker than the more familiar to many wheat, and that is why the bread is dark and not as lush as white.
Traditionally, rye bread is prepared not with the addition of yeast, but on a special leaven that replaces yeast and allows the dough to not dry out when baking, to rise and become porous. Sourdough made from the same rye flour and water or whey.
As for the remaining ingredients, everything will depend on the recipe you choose.
It is most convenient to bake rye bread in a bread maker. Such a device will simplify and speed up the baking process as much as possible and do some of the work for you.But if you do not have a bread machine, you can make bread in the oven, its quality and taste will not be affected.
We offer recipes for rye bread.
Bread at leaven
To prepare rye bread without yeast, prepare the following ingredients:
For the yeast:
- 400 ml of serum or plain water;
- 400 grams of rye flour.
For the test:
- 400 ml of water;
- 700-800 grams of flour;
- 1 teaspoon sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 1 tablespoon cumin;
- 1 tablespoon sesame;
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- First prepare the sourdough. To do this, heat 100 ml of serum (or water) to about 38-40 degrees, mix with 100 grams of flour and clean in a dark place. In a day, add another 100 grams of flour and 100 ml of water. Repeat the procedure until all the components run out. When the yeast starts to bubble, you can use it.
- Mix the starter with water (heat it up a little).
- Gradually add flour. Its quantity can differ, but the dough should be rather dense.
- Add sugar, salt, cumin and sesame to the dough.
- Form a loaf, put it on a baking tray (bottom oil vegetable oil).
- Bake bread in the oven at 170 degrees for about an hour until cooked (a crust will appear).
How to bake bread by leavening?
The following ingredients are required:
- 500 grams of rye flour;
- 350 ml of boiled water;
- 1 full teaspoon dry quick yeast;
- 1 tablespoon of sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 50 grams of flax seed;
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Sift flour to make the bread more lush.
- Add sugar, flaxseeds, yeast and salt, mix everything up.
- Gradually pour in warm water and knead the dough. It should be pretty steep and dense in consistency.
- Put the dough in a warm place. When it is approximately doubled, add all the vegetable oil and mix, then remove the dough again in heat.
- Grease the bottom of the baking pan with butter, place the dough in it.
- Bake bread for about an hour in the oven, heated to 170-180 degrees.
Bread with malt
To prepare you need:
- 500 grams of rye flour;
- 400 ml of water;
- 2 teaspoons of dry yeast;
- 40 grams of malt;
- 3 tablespoons of honey;
- ½ teaspoon of coriander.
- Malt Pour 80 ml of boiling water, leave to cool.
- Mix flour, yeast and spices. Gradually pour in the remaining water, heating it.
- Add honey and warm malt, knead the dough.
- Put the dough in a greased form, bake an hour at 180 degrees.
Some useful tips:
- Since rye flour contains special resinous substances, the bread is more dense and practically does not rise. If you want to slightly "raise" the dough and make it more lush, then add wheat flour. You can also use corn, buckwheat or any other flour. But still the amount of rye should be the greatest.
- Spices, seasonings and various natural additives, such as flax seeds, cumin, cardamom, sesame and so on, will help make bread fragrant, spicy and even more useful. But overdo it is not worth it.
- You can keep bread at room temperature, as it does not deteriorate, is not afraid of mold and practically does not get stale. But still the shelf life should not exceed 3-4 days.
- Each hostess has a proprietary recipe, obtained by trial and error. So do not be afraid to experiment: change the proportions of ingredients, add spices and seasonings, look for the best combinations.
Be sure to cook flavored rye bread in one of the proposed recipes!
Bright and elegant Christmas costumes for girls
Thinking type test: how your intellect works
Handicraft for February 23 for the older group of kindergarten
Colored tights: what to wear the most fervent thing of the season