5 Healthy & Hearty Fall Soups
The Ultimate Fall Soup Recipe
Proof that soup du jour is also a clean-diet staple: A study in theBritish Journal of Nutritionfound that participants who reported eating soup in the previous 24 hours weighed less, inhaled fewer calories per day, and had smaller waists than those who didn’t spoon the stuff. But there’s a catch: Soup eaters also had higher intakes of sodium. Look for a lower-sodium version in a can, or whip up this slurp-worthy version yourself. Soup’s on!
Easy Kale-and-Cauliflower Soup
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 c low-sodium chicken broth
2 c cauliflower florets
2 c shredded kale
Pinch crushed red-pepper flakes
1. HEAT oil over medium-high heat.
2. ADD onion and cook about 5 minutes.
3. ADD garlic and cook 1 minute more.
4. ADD chicken broth and cauliflower, and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
5. ADD kale and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
6. PUREE the mixture until smooth.
7. SEASON with red-pepper flakes.
Video: 5 Winter Dishes to Warm Your Cockles | Gordon Ramsay
Lemon Goat-Cheese Dip
Travis Kalanick will help find next Uber CEO
Brown Rice Cups
Orange Chili Chicken with Snap Peas
And heres a few other things we learned
Some teachers have to buy food for hungry students
How to Make Potato Salad for 50 People
Who Shouldnt Take Erectile Dysfunction Drugs
How to Defend Yourself Against Breast Cancer
Take a Monochrome Moment’ with Reiss