Thorns Jam - a tasty and healthy delicacy
The turn is eaten fresh by a few, as it has a peculiar sourish and rather tart taste. But from these fruits can get tasty jam! Learn how to cook it!
Which turn is right?
To make the jam thick and sweet, you need to choose only a ripe turn, and even slightly ripe, as it is softer, sweet and does not knit so much. In any case, it is worth picking out only good berries: no rotting areas, no stains and no holes (worms penetrate the pulp through them, and they will definitely be superfluous in jam).
How to make jam?
There are several ways to do this.
This recipe is very simple. For cooking you will need:
- 1 kg of turn;
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1.5 glasses of water.
- The turn should be washed and dried. If desired, remove the bones.
- Next, prepare the syrup. To do this, dissolve the sugar in water, bring the mixture to a boil and boil a little until thick.
- Fill the turnip with syrup and leave for 24 hours to soak the fruits and let your juice run.
- Put the container on the fire and boil the jam until thick. It takes about an hour.
You can cook a delicious thorn jam, similar to jam.
List of required ingredients:
- 1 kg of turn;
- 1.2 kg of sugar;
- glass of water.
- Wash the turn, dry it, fill it with half of the available water and cook for two to three minutes. Then move it into a sieve and wipe it to make a thick mashed potatoes.
- On the bones will remain flesh, so fill them with the remaining water, cook a couple of minutes and again wipe (and later they can be used for cooking compote).
- Now add sugar to the ready-made thorn puree, put the mass on the fire and boil for about 20 minutes, then roll it over the jars. Such a jam will be homogeneous and very tasty!
If you decide to use this recipe, then you will need:
- 2.5 g of thorns;
- 3 kg of sugar;
- 1 liter of water.
Description of the cooking process:
- Rinse and dry the berries, cover them with warm water and boil until they are soft enough.
- Fold the fruit in a colander, strain the broth, you will use it in the future.
- When the berries dry a little and cool, remove the bones from them, and then return them to the pan with the broth, there add the sugar.
- Cook the jam for about 15 or 20 minutes.
To save the maximum of useful substances, try to make jam according to this recipe. You will need:
- 1 kg of turn;
- 500 ml of water;
- 1.3 kg of sugar.
- First, heat the water and fill the turn with it for an hour (you must first wash it well).
- Remove from the softened berries bones, add sugar to them and leave for two hours to let the juice.
- Next, put the pot on the fire and boil the jam so that the turn becomes very soft.
What is useful thorny jam? It contains vitamins C, E and group B, coumarins, tannins, catechins, alcohols, flavonoids, essential oils, fructose, steroids, pectin, organic acids, and so on. Turn helps to normalize metabolic processes, improve digestion and clean the intestines, get rid of constipation, eliminate edema.
It has a diaphoretic, antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and tonic effects. In general, this is just a storehouse of useful substances! But it is worth remembering that some of them are destroyed during heat treatment.
- To make the taste softer and the fruits juicy, you can soak the turn in cool water for half an hour or an hour.
- So that all the fruits are well soaked with syrup and softened during the cooking process, pre-pierce them with a fork or toothpick in several places.
- Bones can both be removed and left. But seedless jam usually turns out to be more delicious, because separated fruits are better soaked with syrup and become sweet and more tender.
- To make the jam thicker and more saturated, boil it longer, then the excess liquid will evaporate and the syrup will thicken.
- It is easiest to remove bones from thermally processed berries, so beforehand try them out or cook for two to three minutes, so that the flesh is better separated.
- Remember that the less you brew the turn, the more useful properties it contains.
- To get a tasty and sweet jam, you can increase the amount of sugar. In any case, you should not feel sorry for him, because the turn is rather sour.
Now you know that the turn can get tasty and healthy jam. Moreover, you can cook it at home!
Enhance child immunity
Knitting for children: Bee cap
Chocolate Hearts Donuts
How to make a box of scrap materials
What is fashionable to wear leggings in 2017
Pet From the Shelter: Pros and Cons
Jammer for TV (Pig)