Unusual and spicy cheese Dor Blue
Cheese Dor Blue has an unusual taste. Every year, a product made from cow milk increases the ranks of its admirers. Recently, German cheese has become very popular in the post-Soviet countries.
Possible reasons for such excessive demand is its not very pronounced taste, which is moderately sharp and salty, a delicate creamy structure and a low price compared to other dairy products with mold - 1000 rubles per kilogram.
History of occurrence and characteristics
In the beginning of the twentieth century in Germany, in a small town Lauben, a recipe for a blue delicacy made from cow milk with the use of exquisite mold of penicillium roqueforti was invented. Käserei Champignon Hofmeister GmbH & Co.KG, a food cheese company, is still the full owner of the product technology. The recipe is kept strictly confidential, and the product is highly valued by gourmets of the great cheese states - Germany and France, as well as by lovers of delicious and delicious food of other countries of the world.
The only fact that is subject to disclosure is the period and conditions for the ripening of cheese, which ranges from three to five months in carefully closed cellars with established temperature conditions and certain humidity rates.
Dorblu is a semi-solid variety with a specific aroma. Since the surface is covered with mold, it is allowed not only the pure white color of the products, but a slight yellowish shade. In the section, the cheese has an oily texture with green veins of a noble fungus.
It is better to store the delicacy in a tightly closed container, separate from other food in the refrigerator. This is done so that the mold does not transfer to other products, and the cheese, in turn, does not absorb extraneous odors, which can affect the change of its characteristics and properties.
The refined taste allows you to use the product in its pure form. Therefore, in restaurants it is served as part of a cheese plate or as an independent snack.
What is the combination of this delicacy? Dor bluu perfectly harmonizes with fruits, nuts, dried fruits and whole wheat loaves. To red wine the blue delicacy helps to open a bouquet, therefore Germans recommend it to sweet grades.And if you want to surprise your guests and do not know how, then you should cook cute canapes or traditional sandwiches with dairy products. Blue delicacy will only enhance the taste of cheese sauces, casseroles, meat, pizza, pies, pasta, salads with seafood, vegetables or fruits.
Advantages and disadvantages
In addition to savory taste, cheese has a number of useful properties:
- enhances appetite and favorably affects the immune system due to the content of minerals, proteins and vitamins;
- improves the gastrointestinal tract;
- positive effect on the nervous system, helping to normalize sleep patterns, reduce irritability;
- activates the work of the brain;
- helps to focus better and improves memory;
- normalizes the production of blood cells in the body;
- promotes healing of the skin;
- strengthens teeth and bones;
- stabilizes the cardiovascular system;
- normalizes the functioning of the adrenal glands;
- helps the body absorb iron better;
- has antioxidant properties;
- improves blood clotting.
Despite the above advantages of using this cheese product, it can harm the body:
- violate the intestinal microflora and cause dysbiosis when used in unlimited quantities;
- promote weight gain through high calorie intake;
- increase the risk of thrombophlebitis and varicose veins in those people who are prone to it;
- can cause the development of an infectious disease - listeriosis, so you should not use it for pregnant, lactating women and children.
Cheese production at home
If you like to conduct culinary experiments in the kitchen, then you can cook cheese Dor Blue at home. Consider only that in the process of cooking it is necessary to constantly observe sterility. All containers to be used must be thoroughly cleaned. You should work in medical gloves or constantly wipe your hands with alcohol before contact with products.
- milk - 2 liters;
- sour milk - 1 cup;
- amycin-pepsin - 3 tablets;
- slice of shop cheese dor blue;
- Carefully remove the mold from the purchased cheese with a knife. Try to make it so that only the fungus is cut off, not the product itself.
- Add the mold in half a cup of milk at room temperature, mix thoroughly and leave to infuse for an hour.
- Combine the mixture with 1.5 liters of milk. Heat to 30 degrees and pour in sour milk at room temperature. After mixing, leave the contents for five minutes.
- In the mortar, crush the tablets to a powder and, diluting them with 20 ml of water, add to the milk.
- Cover with contents, wrap in a blanket and let it brew for two hours.
- The resulting clots of yellow cut into pieces right in the saucepan in which the cheese is made. Leave the contents for twenty minutes.
- Take a plastic container with a lid. It should be oblong in size, like a glass. Make a hole in the bottom, sides and on the cover.
- Collect the cheese flakes in a jar and leave them for 12 hours. Since whey will flow out of the container, make sure that it is in a dish or a deep dish.
- During this time, pull out the cheese and turn it over at least four times, while not forgetting to drain the whey. In no case, do not tamp or push the product.
- After twelve hours, carefully sprinkle the product with salt and leave to dry for half a day. If, after the time has elapsed, it remains wet, then repeat the procedure.
- Add a little mildew from a purchased dorblu into the remaining warm milk, mix and leave for an hour.
- Pierce the dried cheese with a sterile knitting needle and pour the prepared mixture into the resulting grooves. You can use a syringe for this manipulation.
- Put the cheese in a prepared container, put it in a larger saucepan and cover with a lid so that it does not fit snugly, and air can flow.
- Keep to maturity for at least ten days in a cool place. Do not forget to turn the product every two days with clean hands or gloves.
- Ten days after all the cheese is covered with mold, it can be wrapped in paper and put in the refrigerator for another week before final maturation.
Note that in a properly prepared product must be a mold of dark green color. Any other shades from gray to red means that the process has violated the technology or sterility.
Annunciation - short greetings in verse. Poems, SMS and pictures for congratulations with the Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin. Congratulations to the Annunciation
A modern bedroom for a bachelor
Use all the space with benefits: 13 interesting shelves for the toilet
How to quickly get rid of the cough smoker, dry and wet cough, video
Ten best places for family holidays in Ukraine
Paper Rose from Newspapers
Jasmine Foamirana Hairpin