Useful properties of acacia flowers
Flowers of acacia fragrant and beautiful. Some in their childhood tried them to taste, but few thought about the benefits. But acacia really has a lot of amazing properties, which you will definitely be interested in learning!
Acacia is a plant of the legume family. This is either a bush, or a tree, and the height can reach 20-25 meters. Some species are covered with spines. The leaves are oval and small in size, located on thin branches. During the flowering period there are small bright flowers gathering in tassels, which smell very nice.
Acacia appeared in North America, and from there was transported to other continents, and today it is found in many countries with a predominant subtropical or temperate climate. There are many species, but more often acacia is white and yellow. By the way, the plant is an excellent honey plant, and useful honey is made from nectar.
Interesting fact! The name has ancient Greek roots and is translated literally as "innocent".
The composition of acacia is amazing and rich, it contains glycosides, organic acids, natural sugars, flavonoids, essential oils, tannins, pectin, various vitamins and minerals. Thoroughly the components of the acacia color have not been studied and depend on the particular type of plant, but scientists argue that this is just a storehouse of nutrients that go into honey.
The use of flowers
What are the benefits of acacia flowers? Consider their properties:
- Expectorants. In diseases of the lower respiratory tract flowers help to dilute sputum and accelerate its excretion, to normalize the activity of the cilia of the bronchial epithelium of the bronchi and thereby remove the pathological contents and clean the lungs.
- Painkillers, antispasmodic. Acacia suppresses spasms of blood vessels, helps to relax the muscular muscles, relieves pain in the head and muscles.
- Diuretic. Acacia color helps to improve the work of the kidneys and due to this ensures timely removal of fluid from the body, prevents the appearance of edema.
- Laxatives The pectin in the composition gently pushes the fecal masses and stimulates the peristalsis of the intestinal walls, naturally relieving constipation and preventing their appearance.
- Antipyretic.Due to the diaphoretic effect, the acacia contributes to the normalization of body temperature with active sweating. This action is useful in infectious diseases.
- Hemostatic. Acacia color helps to stop bleeding due to the acceleration of blood clotting.
- Antiseptic. Included in the composition of substances contribute to the destruction of pathogenic microorganisms and the suppression of their reproduction.
- Cholagogue. The processes of outflow of bile normalize, so that it does not stagnate in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Antihypertensives. Acacia helps to maintain blood pressure levels and prevent its sharp increases.
- Anti-inflammatory. Such therapeutic properties extend to different systems of the body: urinary, reproductive, respiratory.
- Antacid. The substances contained in the composition reduce the acidity of the gastric juice, protect the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract from the irritant effects of hydrochloric acid. This effect is appropriate for ulcers and gastritis with high acidity.
How to store and properly store raw materials?
Flowers of acacia are harvested in the early stages of flowering, when they began to bloom, but did not have time to open up to the end. During this period, the concentration of nutrients is highest, and the bees have not had time to extract nectar.
From the plucked inflorescences, the flowers break off, which are then laid in one even layer on a horizontal surface (for example, a tray or an oilcloth spread on the table) and dried. It is advisable to dry the color of acacia outdoors, protecting it from insects and occasionally stirring and agitating. But you can speed up the process by applying the dryer.
You can store the harvested dry raw materials in canvas bags, cans, paper bags or sealed plastic packaging in a cool and protected place from direct rays. Storage time reaches 1-2 years.
In which cases the use is contraindicated?
Acacia color has contraindications, and their list includes the period of pregnancy, reduced acidity of gastric juice, lactation and individual hypersensitivity.
Acacia often causes undesirable reactions, so allergy sufferers should be careful.And with the abuse of possible such side effects as headaches, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, weakness. In these cases, you need gastric lavage in order to avoid general intoxication.
Acacia in the form of flowers is used in various ways. Consider the most effective recipes of traditional medicine:
- The infusion will be useful for colds and infections of the respiratory tract to remove sputum and lower body temperature. It is prepared like this: pour a full tablespoon of dried raw materials with a full glass of freshly boiled water. Cover the container with a lid, wrap a towel and leave for an hour to insist. Next, the tool is filtered through gauze and a tablespoon is taken three times or four times a day.
- The decoction is effective in inflammatory diseases of the reproductive female system. Three tablespoons of flowers should be poured 500 milliliters of hot water. Place the container on the stove, bring the mixture to a boil and cook on low heat for literally five minutes. When the liquid has cooled a little, you can filter it. This broth should be taken before meals 4 times 1-1.5 tablespoons.
- To increase immunity and improve your well-being, drink tea. It is easy to prepare: a teaspoon of raw material is poured into a teacup, brewed with boiling water for five minutes. For a portion of this drink, you can drink in the morning and evening.
- Tincture helps to stop the pain syndrome, to normalize the pressure. 30 g of acacia color pour 600 ml of vodka or alcohol diluted with water. Keep this mixture in a closed bottle or jar in a dark place for two weeks, shaking the container daily. After completing the infusion, strain the tool and drink a teaspoon before each meal.
- Flower juice helps to heal wounds, eliminate inflammation. Unblown fresh flowers are crushed in any way and squeezed through gauze to highlight the liquid. This ready-flavored juice needs to be drunk twice a day with a full tablespoon. In addition, the tool is used for cosmetic purposes for the rejuvenation and treatment of acne.
Important! If any unpleasant or disturbing symptoms appear, stop use: most likely, the acacia is not suitable for you.
Now, noticing the flowers of acacia, you can collect them and prepare useful tools to improve health.
Chamomile Hair Tie
The secrets of making rye bread
How to store shoes: 7 ways
Victoria Beckham did not let her family on the first shows of their collections
Picture of Mom on March 8: master-class with step-by-step photo