Vitamin complexes for animals - use or money for a wind?
If you love your pet, you probably care about his health. The correct nutrition will help to save and improve it. But in specialized stores sold a variety of vitamins for pets. Do they really need them?
Do pets need vitamins?
If you feed your pet specialized high-quality food, then surely everything necessary for the development and growth it already contains. If your pet receives natural food, then it is worthwhile to think about additional sources of minerals and vitamins, as in conventional foodstuffs, if they are contained, either in insufficient quantities or in a form difficult to assimilate. And in this case, vitamins supplements will come in handy.
If you still think that nutrition is fully consistent with the needs of the animal, then do not rush to such conclusions, and observe the behavior. The following signs should alert:
- Pet eats flowers. To a greater extent this applies to cats. If the animal is constantly eating sweet home plants, it is likely that he has problems with digestion. The fact is that the green irritates the mucous walls of the digestive organs and causes them to contract. So the flowers can be used as a laxative or as an emetic (such is necessary if the pet has eaten wool and can not regurgitate it).
- The animal eats cigarette butts. This may indicate a deficiency of vitamin PP (nicotinic acid).
- If the pet has a bad appetite, it can talk about a decrease in immunity associated with a lack of vitamin C.
- If the pet has bone problems (frequent fractures, an abnormally developed skeleton) or teeth (loss, destruction), then it probably lacks calcium or vitamin D.
- Increased plaque and dullness of the coat can talk about the deficiency of vitamin A.
How to make a choice?
Vitamins for animals are very diverse. But which ones to choose? We list the important points that are worth paying attention to when buying.
What animal do you buy vitamins for?
Universal vitamins for absolutely all pets do not exist, since the needs of different species are different.So, supplements for dogs usually contain large doses of minerals, macro-and micronutrients and vitamins, rather than preparations for cats. This is due to higher activity and more impressive size.
In addition, the selection should take into account a particular breed of pet, this is also very important, because the breeds vary in size and even in the features of the structure of the organism.
Depending on the purpose, three main groups of vitamin complexes are distinguished:
- Drugs of general action, which group includes additives for puppies, adult dogs, as well as for pregnant pets. Such supplements contain a daily rate of all necessary substances and allow you to fill their deficiency, therefore, will be an excellent addition to the pet's daily diet.
- Corrective drugs are necessary for the prevention or correction of certain conditions, as well as for the complex treatment of certain diseases. This group includes supplements for eyes, wool, gums and teeth, the musculoskeletal system, for animals prone to diseases of the genitourinary system, for sterilized or aging pets, and so on.Such preparations contain an increased amount of certain substances necessary to eliminate existing health problems or to prevent them. The funds of this group should be given after the consultation of the veterinarian and only for a certain time (it will also be determined by a specialist)
- Vitamin means of emergency exposure are intended for short-term use. They are assigned to animals during increased loads, during recovery from postponed diseases or operations, during exhaustion, and also to prevent infections after contact with infected animals. Means of this group usually begin to act immediately and have a long and pronounced effect.
The composition of additives
There are many different drugs, but all of them must contain the following components:
- Vitamin C strengthens the vascular walls and improves the immune system.
- Vitamin B1 helps normalize the nervous system and significantly improve digestion.
- Vitamin A (retinol) is necessary for young pets for normal growth. In addition, he is responsible for the condition of the skin, mucous and wool, and also helps to maintain vision and normalize kidney function.
- Vitamin B2 controls the metabolic processes occurring in the animal, as well as accelerates tissue regeneration and promotes rapid healing of wounds.
- Vitamin D is necessary for the normal absorption of calcium, necessary for bones. A deficiency of this vitamin can lead to the development of rickets in a puppy or kitten.
- Vitamin K takes an active part in blood formation processes and prevents the development of hemorrhagic diathesis, which is common among some breeds of pets.
- Vitamin B3 normalizes the work of the secretory glands and the endocrine system as a whole.
- Vitamin B12 protects against anemia and improves blood composition.
- Vitamin E is responsible for the reproductive functions of animals, as well as for normal gestation of offspring.
- Calcium strengthens bones and teeth.
- Phosphorus is necessary for brain activity.
The ease of use of the drug directly depends on the release form.
- Preparations in tablets are not very convenient to use, but this form allows you to quickly determine the dose.
- Powder products are more convenient to use, but dosing is more complicated.
- Vitamins produced in the form of drops, quickly and almost completely absorbed, begin to be absorbed even in the pet's mouth, and also act fairly quickly. Dosing is convenient.
- There are also funds in the form of gels. Some of them contain additives that attract pets and simplify use.
Other selection criteria
There are some more important selection criteria:
- Manufacturer. Preferred brands such as Vitakraft, PhytoMiny, GIMPET, Doctor ZOO, POLIDEX, Excel, Canina Farmavit, Tetravit, Beaphar and some others should be preferred. .
- Price. It will depend on the purpose of the product and on the brand. As a rule, the cost of one package varies from 100-150 rubles to 1-2 thousand.
- Quality. The seller must have all the necessary documents, in particular certificates of conformity.
Let your darling be healthy and happy!
RF lifting at home
How to cook perfect beef steak in a pan
Cute little flowers - petals
DIY hand-made tulip paper
10 Examples of using a perforated shelf in an interior