What are dangerous drugs to reduce appetite?
Since the most common cause of weight gain is excessive food intake, it is becoming increasingly popular drugs designed to reduce appetite. But do not forget that they can be very dangerous.
Pros and cons of appetite suppressants
To get started, it’s worthwhile to list the benefits:
- Noticeable suppression of appetite. The recipient does not really feel hunger, and the feeling of satiation comes much faster and after eating small amounts of food. And all this, of course, will contribute to weight loss, and quite fast, so that the result will be noticeable in the very near future.
- Most of the funds cause a surge of energy, so even with a decrease in the amount of food consumed, symptoms such as lethargy, fatigue, apathy, depression and worsening of mood will not occur.
Now the disadvantages:
- A huge number of side effects.The most common include increased nervous excitability, increased heart rate, anxiety, sleep disorders, aggression, irritability, mood swings and others. And all these symptoms are noticeable to others and can interfere with the normal life of the person taking the drug.
- There are numerous contraindications. Thus, most drugs are contraindicated in diseases of the cardiovascular and central nervous systems. In addition, a list of contraindications may include metabolic disorders and some chronic diseases.
- High price. Many tools are quite expensive.
- Short effect. It will be observed only during the reception of funds, and after its termination, everything will return to normal. The appetite will increase again, and the weight will begin to grow, and the increase may be even more significant than the decrease.
- Some truly effective products are dispensed from pharmacies only by prescription, and getting it is not so easy.
- Probable serious and sad consequences. If you start the reception without consulting a doctor and do not comply with the dosage, it can disrupt the work of the central nervous or cardiovascularsystem. Some drugs increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes, as well as cardiovascular insufficiency. In addition, all drugs have a direct effect on the brain (on the centers of saturation and hunger), which can disrupt its work.
How do they act and how are they dangerous?
Today, there are several groups of means to reduce appetite. And each of them has a certain effect on the body. To understand how such an effect can be dangerous, it is worthwhile to get into the essence of the action of all drugs.
Amphetamine was included in the list of narcotic substances, but not so long ago it was actively used in medicine, in particular, to suppress appetite. Taking the drug based on it is described in detail in the movie “Requiem for a Dream.” The woman, believing the advertisement, began to use it and did not notice how she lost her mind and practically turned into a drug addict.
Such appetite suppressants affect the central nervous system and cause an upsurge of energy and improved mood. As a result, a person does not feel hunger, but it is always cheerful and cheerful.
Today, drugs to reduce appetite based on amphetamine are banned, but they are certainly illegal. But it is worth remembering that they have a lot of side effects, such as increased heart rate, increased nervous irritability and anxiety, dry mouth, aggression, thirst, depressions, insomnia, obsessive ideas and even hallucinations. In addition, this substance is quite addictive.
Based on adrenaline
Drugs based on adrenaline act on the central nervous system. Adrenaline is a stress hormone. And, getting into the body, it has an exciting effect, thanks to which a person literally forgets about hunger and does not even think about food (in stressful situations, many people notice a decrease or even a complete lack of appetite).
Weight is reduced, but constant nervous excitement has an extremely negative effect on the entire body, overloads the nervous system and literally wears up blood vessels and the heart. Anxiety, aggression, anxiety, insomnia, and tachycardia often occur during reception. In addition, hormones may be disturbed, because adrenaline is a hormone.
Based on serotonin
Serotonin is the so-called hormone of joy, which improves mood, and also plays an important role in the centers of hunger and saturation (it is not for nothing that the mood rises after a meal, and during hunger many people get angry and nervous).
And if the body receives a dose of serotonin, the appetite decreases, and the person feels a surge of energy and joy. Side effects are less pronounced, but still there are. Often there are such as vomiting and nausea, diarrhea, headaches, sleep disorders, changes in mood.
Means, giving a feeling of satiety
Today, supplements that are used before eating food are popular and allow you to feel satiety much faster. The fact is that such preparations contain so-called ballast substances, for example, seaweed extract, pectins, cellulose or microcellulose. Once in the stomach, they swell in it, so literally immediately there is a feeling of satiety, and a person just can not eat a lot.
The resources of this group have both pluses and minuses. The advantages include a noticeable effect, normalization of the digestive system (fiber and pectins stimulate the activity of the intestinal walls), cleansing the digestive tract from toxins and toxins, as well as relative safety and affordable price. But there are also disadvantages.
First, due to the reduction in the amount of food consumed, there may be a shortage of nutrients. Secondly, such agents are contraindicated in gastritis, ulcers, and certain bowel diseases.
On sale you can find and herbal remedies. It may be thought that they are absolutely harmless and safe, but in reality this is not the case, because even the herbal ingredients are highly active, have contraindications and side effects and can have an extremely negative impact on the functioning of the body. Therefore, even in this case, the advice of a physician is required.
Why are some products still available for purchase?
Why do they sell such dangerous drugs in pharmacies? For some, they are really necessary, for example, people suffering from eating habits. They cannot control their appetite on their own and need help. But even to such patients any means should be prescribed by a doctor and only after a complete examination.
Be careful and take any medications only on the advice of a doctor!
Flowing flowers from the cup
How to make an omelet in a mug
The secrets of making rye bread
Where can I ride the attraction Zorbing
What to do if you do not want to grow up
Secrets of cooking real couscous
7 bags created in honor of famous women