What is useful Marian plum?
Exotic fruits lure to enjoy their incredible taste. But if a mango, papaya, lime or pamela doesn’t surprise anyone, then the Marian plum, or gandaria, is of genuine interest. Have you heard of this? Then we will share with pleasure the information known to us.
Arriving on holiday in Thailand, you will certainly be offered to try this fruit, called there Maprang. His homeland is Malaysia, but today most often fruits are grown in Thailand and Indonesia.
The tree itself can reach 25 meters in height, and its fruits, although small (only 3-5 cm in diameter), but have a pronounced, pleasant sour-sweet taste.
How to eat them? Yes, whatever. Fresh, pickled, in sugar and marinade, used for toppings and even added to drinks.
The love of mprang is due not only to a pleasant taste, but also to a rich chemical composition. And he, by the way, is richer, the longer the plum was on the branch. A definite plus - low calorie content - only 42 kcal per 100 g of product.
In addition, there is a whole list of useful substances: phosphorus, calcium, ash, dietary fiber, beta-carotene, ascorbic acid, thiamine.
Such a set has a positive effect on the human body. Namely:
- Saturates. Replenishment of vitamins - a guarantee of well-being and proper functioning of all organs. Only 2-3 fruits of Gandaria are able to cover the daily rate of vitamin C and half the rate of retinol.
- Supports immunity. The rich composition activates the production of antibodies, thereby enhancing the body's defenses.
- Slows down the aging process. Everyone knows that free radicals damage cells, which is why they begin to age quickly. Vitamin C - a powerful antioxidant, which prevents the negative effects of free radicals, while helping to get rid of toxins.
- Improves the functioning of the nervous system. Another important property of plum mango. Enjoying fruit with an enviable frequency, you may notice that the number of headaches has decreased, and the brain work has improved. In addition, a sufficient amount of beta-carotene will help to relive stress.
Working in a "duet", vitamins A and C are also known for their preventive action against cancer.
Maprang is an exotic fruit, and therefore it is not strange that it has contraindications. First of all, it is individual intolerance. But even in its absence, excessive consumption of plum mango can cause unpleasant consequences:
- an excess of ascorbic acid can cause allergic reactions and upset stomachs;
- an excessive amount of beta-carotene can cause yellowing of the skin.
Where to add?
Ripe fruits can be consumed without using any additives. The flesh is also good for jam, stewed fruit, desserts and as a filling for baking.
But as food you can use not only fruits, but also leaves. In Thailand, they are often added to salads, to obtain a more piquant taste, and sometimes dried, chopped, and used as a seasoning.
Indonesians grind gandaria pulp together with bones, getting an important ingredient for sambal sauce.
The popularity of Maprang is not so great outside its homeland.But the dense skin makes it possible to transport the fruit and store them for quite a long time. But because the export - to be. Look narrowly at the assortment of exotic fruits, and if you notice a plum mango among them, be sure to buy and enjoy an unrivaled taste.
A gift to dad, a gift to mom
How is a contrast shower useful?
Can I play sports in extreme heat
How to wear a fur coat and not look like an aunt
Why girls love bad boys
What makes our hands sweat