What kind of workouts can you do for people aged?
Elderly age is not an excuse to reduce physical activity and stop moving. Sport is life, and it will allow to preserve the vigor of the spirit, the beauty of the body and good health. But older people are shown not all workouts. Find out which will be the most suitable and useful.
Features of the human body at an age
With age, a person inevitably grows old, and all systems of his body undergo irreversible changes:
- Slow down metabolism. Metabolism slows down, which reduces the rate of important reactions and processes, interferes with the rapid absorption of nutrients from food, prevents the timely breakdown of fats.
- Dysfunction of internal organs. They have worn out for 50-60 years of constant work, therefore failures often occur in old age. The most frequently observed decrease in visual acuity and hearing, impaired cardiovascular,respiratory and urinary systems, problems with the musculoskeletal system.
- The deterioration of digestion, slow down the processing of food consumed. This interferes with the full absorption of nutrients, starts the processes of decay, provokes constipation.
- Degenerative diseases of the joints, such as arthrosis, osteochondrosis.
- Changes affecting the muscular system. Muscle mass is reduced and replaced by fat, tissue lose protein and depleted. Due to a decrease in activity, the body becomes weak, flabby.
- The deterioration of the psychological state: apathy, depression, indifference, boredom, fear of loneliness.
- Decreased performance. Many older people refuse not only from work, but from their favorite pursuits, which causes a vicious circle: the less a person moves, the weaker becomes.
In old age, it is possible and necessary to maintain and increase physical activity. Training will achieve the following goals:
- Improving the cardiovascular system. With the help of correctly selected and competently performed exercises, it is possible to strengthen the cardiac muscle of the myocardium, normalize blood circulation.This will ensure the prevention of heart attacks and strokes, prevent blood pressure surges.
- Normalization of the respiratory system. Training will increase the volume of the lungs, thereby eliminating the annoyance of shortness of breath and ensuring the flow of sufficient amounts of oxygen into the blood.
- Rhythmic movements are useful for losing weight. Many older people are overweight, which increases the stress on the joints and the cardiovascular system. Normalizing the mass, a person will feel much lighter and better.
- Increase endurance and performance. If you want to keep active and continue working or doing your favorite thing that requires effort, then exercise regularly.
- Improve digestion. Exercises that involve the abdominal muscles stimulate the motility of the intestinal walls, helping to gently remove intestinal contents and relieve constipation.
- Strengthening the muscular system. The study of muscles will allow you to gain dexterity, improve coordination of movements.
- The study of joints. Of course, in some diseases the locomotor activity should decrease,but regular gentle exercises will restore mobility, relieve pain.
- Improving mood, gaining vitality, increasing vitality. It is proved that active retirees are more pleasant to talk to and have an optimistic attitude.
What sports are suitable?
Choosing the best workouts for retirees, it is worth considering the following sports:
- Gymnastics - the choice of active people in age. And it is not necessary to pick up difficult exercises and perform acrobatic etudes, you can train with pleasure and without intense loads. Gymnastics can include morning exercises, exercises for warming up muscles and joints in the middle of the day, and physical exercises while performing routine duties. Older people can perform bowing, swinging arms and legs, turning the body and head.
- Yoga will fix not only the body, but also the spirit and thoughts. A person learns to think clearly and positively, will find harmony, which sometimes people lack in age. In addition, choosing simple asanas, you can engage with benefit and without much effort, effectively working on the joints and different muscle groups.
- For older people suitable swimming.Water reduces the stress on the joints, but increases resistance when performing even simple movements. Thus, visits to the pool will help to literally work out all the muscles of the body, but avoid injuries and exacerbation of joint diseases.
- Water aerobics. If swimming is not enough, you should start attending aqua aerobics classes. But it is advisable to engage with a trainer and choose the optimal load.
- Walking. If you walk daily, you can strengthen the musculoskeletal system and improve the work of all important body systems, including the digestive, respiratory, urinary and cardiovascular systems. And walking is available to people of any age and has a minimum number of contraindications.
- If an elderly person has at least an average level of training, he can go jogging. But you should run slowly, starting with short distances. In addition, the surface should be flat and the shoes should be comfortable and provide good cushioning.
- Bicycle riding. This kind of sport is available only in the warm season, but in the winter trips in the fresh air can be replaced with exercises on the exercise bike.
- Exercises on simulators, such as ellipsoid, treadmill, exercise bike.
Important training rules
In order for the workouts to be useful and safe, you need to practice by the rules:
- The first step on the path to good health and vitality should be a visit to the clinic. The doctor after the examination will tell you whether you should go in for sports, and also give advice.
- Choose the optimum load. Start with the minimum, gradually increasing them.
- Do not engage in exhaustion. The best indicator of the effectiveness of training - light pleasant fatigue.
- Pick a comfortable pace. You should not strive to make movements as quickly as possible: this can lead to sprains of muscles and ligaments and other more serious injuries.
- Find out in advance what contraindications the chosen sport has. If an existing disease is found among them, a different decision will have to be made.
- If required, pick up high-quality equipment: loose clothing, comfortable and suitable shoes.
- Before workouts do not forget to warm up to prepare the muscles.
- Watch for body weight, because extra pounds - this is an additional burden on almost the entire body.
Sport in old age is possible, necessary and useful. Choose suitable trainings and start practicing!
Coloring February 23 for children
Penelope Cruz will play Donatella Versace
Basic Atkinson Diet Rules
How to pick up a gold brooch
Bead Curtain and Shade
Painting Simple painting on wood