What not to do during a cold?
Every average person suffers from a cold once or twice a year, and therefore everyone believes that they can cure such a seemingly harmless disease. But in fact, not everything is so simple, and some wrong actions can slow recovery or lead to negative consequences. Find out what you should not do for a cold.
What not to do with colds?
So what is forbidden or not strongly recommended to do during a cold? Consider the main taboos:
- Close all the windows and doors in the room, turn on the heaters. In a closed and warm room, viruses and bacteria multiply even faster, so that the disease can drag on and be complemented by complications. And the heaters dry the air, which is undesirable with a cold. Regular airing will allow to destroy cold pathogens, and clean and sufficiently humid air will improve breathing, help to get rid of a cold and allow the patient to breathe deeply.But in winter, it is advisable to open a window or a window by first leaving the room or moving the old child to another room.
- To carry the disease on his feet. This is dangerous even for an adult, although, unfortunately, the modern rhythm of life always makes it necessary to hurry somewhere, do something, work. But, having become ill, you simply have to take a sick leave and spend a few days in bed, or at least observe a gentle, calm regime without stress and exertion. Due to increased activity, the cold may be delayed and lead to consequences, such as otitis media, tonsillitis, bronchitis. And some viruses affect the heart and joints, so the echoes of a disease carried on the legs can haunt you for a long time.
- Take antibiotics without thinking. The majority of SARS has a viral nature, and viruses are not destroyed by antibacterial drugs. Of course, if the disease has been delayed and has led to complications in the form of bacterial infections, antibiotics are applicable, but they should be prescribed by a doctor after an examination, detection of pathogens and their sensitivity to various means. If, however, you start to swallow pills without thought, from the first days of the disease, you can worsen digestion, disrupt the natural intestinal microflora and completely kill the immune system.
- Immediately try to bring down the temperature with a slight increase. This is especially true for parents who, having found a hot forehead and heat in the child, immediately run to the first-aid kit and are looking for a febrifuge to give it to the child. Raising the temperature to 38-38.5 degrees is not dangerous and even useful, because with a slight overheating of the body, viruses and bacteria die, and this is a kind of protective mechanism of the body, a natural immune response. But there are exceptions. So, if you or your baby do not tolerate even insignificant exceeding the norms, then it is still worth taking the antipyretic drug. And for some little babies, the temperature rises so rapidly and dramatically that it can lead to cramps. Basic rules: monitor the status and periodically take measurements.
- Roughly take cough preparations. Of course, cough can be cured and even necessary, but competently and effectively. And the pills recommended by an experienced friend, tested by several friends, or even made it possible for your mom to get rid of the symptom, may not help you at all or even make things worse.It should be understood that the cough is different: dry, wet, unproductive. And if, for example, to take an antitussive, suppressing the manifestations, it is possible to provoke a stagnation of sputum, from which the lungs should get rid of with the help of cough tremors. And it is dangerous and can lead to pneumonia. So consult your doctor to listen to your lungs, find out the nature of the symptom and prescribe a suitable drug.
- At elevated temperatures, conduct thermal procedures: put banks, make mustard plasters, steam inhalations, and drink hot drinks. This can cause even more significant increase, which will cause serious consequences.
- Drinking alcohol. Your body is already experiencing severe intoxication and is in a state of exhaustion, and alcohol will increase the burden on it. In addition, the liver will suffer, which is already overloaded with the drugs and works literally for wear and tear. Alcohol can also react with some of the agents used for treatment, reducing their effectiveness or provoking unexpected side effects.
- Give up the bath and shower.For some reason, some people believe that cold people should not bathe and bathe. But it's not right! Of course, to conduct hygienic procedures in cold water or take a contrast shower is definitely not worth it, as well as go to a hot bath if the temperature is raised. But swimming in warm water is possible, necessary and very useful. During a cold, a person sneezes and coughs, and the pathogenic microorganisms emitted during such actions settle on the skin. Also, with excessive sweating that accompanies fever, toxins are released from the body, which linger on the body. Therefore, taking a shower or bath will help to wash away all that is unnecessary and bad, as well as to relax and improve your well-being.
Remembering these prohibitions and starting to treat a cold correctly, you can quickly recover and avoid consequences. Health to you!
Highlighting blond hair 2018 - fashion trends
Antonio Banderas shaved eyebrows for the sake of a new role
How to get out of a love triangle