What to see in the magnificent Barcelona?
Want to go to Spain and see all her beauty in a short time? Then by all means visit Barcelona, this city will definitely conquer you!
What is this city?
Barcelona is a fairly large city located in Spain and the capital of the autonomous region of Catalonia and the province of Barcelona. This place is a fairly large port of the Mediterranean (it is located on the coast of this sea) and the largest commercial and industrial center of the whole country. In addition, the city attracts tourists from almost all over the world.
The population of the city is about 1.6-1.7 million people. Most of the inhabitants speak Spanish, but many people also speak Catalan (although it is gradually becoming forgotten). By the way, a certain visiting card of the city and the province as a whole is the legendary football club Barcelona, known throughout the world.
Relief and nature
The city itself is located on the hills, but at the same time its borders are outlined by mountains.In general, it is incredibly beautiful here, because in Barcelona there are forests, lakes and rivers. Photos will not convey all this beauty, you should definitely look at it live. But the animal world is not too rich, all the animals that live here have long been tamed, so that in the city most of all representatives of cattle.
The weather in Barcelona is favorable and practically uncomplicated. The climate is Mediterranean, which means that winter is rather mild and dry, and summer is wet and warm. July is considered the driest and hottest month. There is practically no precipitation at this time, and the average temperature is about 28-30 degrees. In the rest of the summer months there is about 25 degrees.
In winter, the thermometer can drop to 10-12 degrees Celsius. The greatest amount of precipitation often falls here in October. The swimming season lasts from May to September, but is best here in September. Earth and water are warm, and the air begins to cool gradually. This is a real velvet season.
How to get there?
Getting to Barcelona is faster and more convenient on an airplane; almost all well-known airlines have regular flights, they are operated from most major cities in developed countries. The flight lasts an average of 4-5 hours.The airport is located on the outskirts of the city, but to get to the center is quite simple, you can do it by train or by bus.
To travel to Barcelona, you will need a visa, as Spain is included in the list of countries participating in the Schengen Agreement. For registration you will need the following documents:
- a foreign passport, which expires no less than 3 months after the expiration of the visa (at least 2 pages of the passport must remain empty);
- application form completed and signed by the applicant;
- a color photograph measuring 3.5x4.5 centimeters without corners and taken no more than six months ago);
- photocopies of all pages of the internal passport of the citizen, including empty ones;
- photocopies of all pages of the passport;
- certificate of employment with an indication of income, length of service and position (or certificate from the place of study for students);
- medical insurance policy for all types of medical services (insurance coverage must be at least 30 thousand euros);
- copies of air tickets in two ends;
- certificate confirming booking hotel rooms;
- a document confirming financial viability, for example, a bank account statement (for each day of stay in the city at least € 57 per person must be accounted).
Visa processing takes an average of about 7-10 days. The consular fee is about 70-80 euros, but may require additional costs for registration.
Where to stay?
In Barcelona, there are hotels for every taste and every budget, so you can book as a luxurious suite with all the conditions, and a small room with a minimum set of furniture, but at the same time quite cozy.
In addition, at the height of the tourist season, there are hostels (they are similar to some tourist hostels, in which several tourists occupy one room) and even kepming (places for tents). Such options are the most budget.
How to navigate the city?
The transport network of Barcelona is developed, so that all types of transport are represented: metro, railway transport, buses, trams, as well as sea ferries (both passenger and freight). Taxis also drive around the city, but it is impossible to call such a method of transportation affordable. It is best to take the subway, tram or bus.
Things to do?
What can you do in Barcelona? Nobody will have to miss here, as there are a lot of options:
- Just go around the city and enjoy its architecture.
- There are incredibly many museums, be sure to visit at least a few of them.
- Go to the beach, enjoy the white sand and gentle waves of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Be sure to take a boat trip, it is interesting and romantic.
- Go shopping. Barcelona has many shopping centers, small shops and small shops. Anyone will find something to their liking. By the way, prices in some stores are very attractive.
- Take a ride on the funicular and climb the mountain Tibidabo to look at the city from a bird's-eye view.
- Visit the show of singing fountains on the hill of Montjuic.
- There are many restaurants, bars and nightclubs. The nightlife of the city is literally boiling.
- Go on a tour.
- You can go to the casino. But do not take all the money with you!
What's so interesting?
What to see a tourist on vacation in Barcelona? Here are the main sights and interesting places of the city:
- Be sure to visit the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona (old town).
- Take a look at the heart of the city - Plaza Catalunya.
- Take a stroll along La Rambla Boulevard.
- Visit the Citadel Park (here are located the Barcelona Zoo and the Parliament of Catalonia).
- Shipyard Drassans is a real monument of architecture.
- Take a look at the Olympic Village (in 1992, Barcelona hosted the Olympic Games).
- Beautiful and interesting hill Montjuic.
- At the top of Mount Tibidabo is located an amusement park, visit it.
- Go to the park "Labyrinth".
- House batlo.
- Palace of Guell.
- House Mile.
- Sagrada Familia.
- Barcelona Exhibition Center.
- The Picasso Museum.
- Stadium Camp Nou.
- The Barcelona Aquarium is the best in the world.
- Plaza of Spain with legendary singing fountains.
- Park Guell.
- Egyptian Museum.
- Spanish village.
- Maritime Museum.
- Museum of style and history of costume.
- Chocolate Museum.
- Quarter Eixample.
In general, Spain is a country with interesting traditions. For example, equality prevails here, and women are valued and respected. By the way, equality is confirmed by law. The representatives of the fair sex can participate in political and public life, independently manage their property and make decisions. Often, women at marriage leave their last name.
The inhabitants of Barcelona are very temperamental, like all Spaniards. When they meet, they embrace and kiss, sincerely rejoice.A Barcelonaer can easily start a conversation with a stranger and address him to “you.” Spaniards express their joy openly and emotionally, but anger, anger and resentment are usually concealed here. People are talking loudly, gesticulating actively.
After lunch, the whole city calms down for two hours, this is the time of siesta. And in the evening everyone takes to the streets and walks around the city, talking to friends and acquaintances. Conversations here are long and interesting.
Absolutely all Spaniards love passionate dances and songs, as well as holidays. The celebrations here are funny and noisy.
The cuisine of Barcelona is diverse and amazing, it's a mixture of different culinary trends. Here, seafood and fish are appreciated (still, since seafood is very affordable), so the dishes from these products are especially respected. But the Spaniards respect and love meat, especially fried.
In Barcelona, they love various sandwiches (bread is often rubbed with garlic and sprinkled with olive oil), pizza, vegetable and seafood salads, paella (rice fried with other ingredients) and much more. Favorite drinks are wine (by the way, it is inexpensive but very tasty here) and beer.Feature of the Spaniards - the habit of enjoying food, and not snack on the go.
Let the trip to Barcelona be fascinating and be remembered for a lifetime!
Macaroni tea set
What is useful Marian plum
Pillow star - a luxurious piece of furniture. Master Class
DIY sugar crystals
Cold Smoked Electric Smokehouse
Wow. Plus size Ashley Graham on the Maxim cover
We sew a summer dress in an hour