Why nails turn yellow and how to solve this problem?
Beautiful and well-groomed hands of a woman are her business card. No wonder they say that they give out age. A neat manicure is an integral part of such care. Smooth, shiny, pleasant to the touch, nails should please their hostess. But it happens that they begin to turn yellow, taking on an unaesthetic look. The reason for this may be many factors about them, and how to get rid of this problem, we will tell you.
What does healthy mean?
Despite the fact that over time the nails have lost their original function of protection, they still signal the presence of problems in the body. To see if you have any, take a look at your marigolds. Two simple external factors will tell about their absolute health:
- Uniform pink color. There should be only two white zones - a hole at the base and a regrown edge. Any points, spots and blotches indicate the presence of problems with internal organs.
- The nail plate should be only slightly convex, if it acquires pronounced roundness, this indicates a lack of oxygen to the nails.
Why is there a problem?
Yellow nails are a significant cosmetic problem. Let's see what it can be caused by:
- Bad habits. First of all - smoking. Tar and nicotine can stain the nail plate and even phalanges. These carcinogenic substances in parallel cause irreparable harm to the lungs, so the yellow color of the nails is a signal for help.
This may also include the abuse of strong tea. This seemingly harmless drink contains a large amount of pigment, which, accumulating in the body, provokes plaque on the teeth and nails.
- Cosmetic procedures. Going to a manicure, or making it yourself, few girls think about the right technology. Before applying a varnish, it is necessary to use a base coat that protects the nail plate from substances that penetrate through the pores and eats into the nail. Indeed, in the future it may cause the appearance of yellowness.
The same fate can wait for those who grow nails.
- Solarium. Exceeding the visit to the solarium is fraught with various unpleasant and often dangerous consequences,one of which is the yellowing of the nails. This means that the exposure to ultraviolet radiation was too intense. You can solve the problem. With proper care in the winter nails may return to a healthy color.
- The impact of household chemicals. If you do not use gloves when doing laundry and cleaning, perhaps the nails on your hands have become brittle and yellow precisely because of the effects of household chemicals. Beneficial substances are washed out during prolonged contact with water and powders, and harmful chemical compounds, on the contrary, are absorbed.
- Deficiency of vitamins. Modern rhythm of life, unhealthy diet, hypodynamia lead to the fact that the body loses nutrients. Lack of potassium, magnesium, vitamins A and E can cause this unpleasant cosmetic problem.
- Diseases. Often the cause of yellowing can be health problems:
- Mycosis. As a result of the reproduction of a fungus, the nail significantly thickens, its structure changes, and the spores of the fungus produce a pigment that promotes color change.
- Viral hepatitis. The level of bilirubin in the blood rises, and the mucous membranes, skin and even nails become unattractive.
- Diseases of the endocrine and lymphatic systems.
Also, the appearance of spots may appear due to the administration of drugs containing tetracycline.
What to do if the nails began to turn yellow? First of all, it is necessary to find out the reason. If symptoms speak of a disease, then it is necessary to make a diagnosis and undergo treatment.
But if the problem is cosmetic, then you can use folk remedies:
There are several effective options:
- With lemon. Freshly squeezed lemon juice pour into a small container and dilute 1 tbsp. water. Lower the fingers and hold for 10 minutes. After the procedure, wipe the nail plate with lemon peel.
- With chamomile. 2-3 tablespoons dry herbs pour 1 tbsp. boiling water, let it brew and strain. Lower fingers for 15 minutes, then rub lemon juice.
- With sea salt. 2-3 tsp sea salt diluted in 1 tbsp. warm water, add a few drops of essential oil (lemon, grapefruit) and 2 tablespoons. lemon juice. Immerse your fingers for 15 minutes.
They have excellent whitening properties and do not require special costs:
- With soda. Soda not only effectively fights yellowness, but it is absolutely safe.All that is needed is to mix soda and water in equal proportions, and apply the resulting gruel on the nails. Wait half an hour and rinse.
- With oils. They will help to whiten the nail plate and saturate it with useful substances. After a few sessions you will notice significant improvements. Prepare a mixture of ½ lemon juice, 3 drops of ylang-ylang oil and 1 tsp. jojoba oil The resulting mask is applied overnight using cotton discs and foil, and in the morning remove the residue with water.
- Toothpaste. This simple tool helps to clean the teeth from plaque, and therefore helps to whiten and nails. To do this, apply a small amount of paste on the nail plate, avoiding the cuticle, hold for 7-10 minutes and rinse.
- With strawberry. Despite its color, this berry can also help to eliminate the unpleasant problem of yellow color. Berries are pureed and applied to the nails as a mask for 15 minutes. This method is also suitable if the problem arose not only on the arms, but also on the legs.
Many brands offer to try bleaching pencils or tablets. Their composition contains medicinal components that help get rid of the aesthetic problem and at the same time have a healing antiseptic and antifungal effect.
Do not be in a hurry if your nails are no longer healthy. Timely detection of the problem and contacting specialists will help you to have beautiful, well-groomed hands and a neat manicure.
Several schemes for knitting a snake pattern
How to celebrate February 14, if you do not have the second half
Charlize Theron has sacrificed many for the sake of filming
Popcorn, gasoline and brandy: 6 unusual flavors
9 Brilliant ways to transform a boring bathroom with a small budget
How to wear a fur coat and not look like an aunt